I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 13 April 2013

Once Upon A Time

Hello and welcome, with an especially big welcome to the newest followers...  I'm so happy you decided to jump on board, thank you!

You know those times when you get an idea and it consumes you and you start to think you've bitten off more than you can chew trying to get this thing that's in your head to take shape in real life... well, this is one of those.  And I warn you this is a lo-o-ong post - and, coming from me, that's saying something!

It started with this month's Steampunk Challenge set by SanDee and die amelie: Steampunk Fairytales - well, that fairly set me buzzing.  I figured I had the whole month to get it done - but then SSSaS came up with Fly as their theme for this week and, given what was in my head, it was perfect... so my deadline suddenly came concertina-ing towards me!!

So, without more ado, here's my Book of Steampunk Faerie Stories, which I'm also going to put In the Library at Craft-room Challenges...


That's the inside but the cover is also part of the deal.  And that's where I'm going to start.  (Scroll down for more flying pumpkin pictures!)  The cover was really inspired by the work of the amazing Finnabair - an attempt to capture some of her extraordinary style, which seems so suited to the Steampunk Fairytale theme.




So this will also go into Snazzy's current Inspired by Anna Dabrowska challenge.  I'm more thrilled than I can say to have got a place on her UK workshops later this year - fizzing!  (Okay, so now I'm buzzing and fizzing... good vibrations.)









All the metal hardware - some by Anna Dabrowska herself, some Idea-ology, some from The Funkie Junkie Boutique's new filigree range (on offer this week as the Friday Focus), as well as some wooden cogs - sits on embossed card glued to one of my mother's old work diaries (and there are many more of them - yay!).











I added some die-cuts - the lace and clock hands - as Anna does, and glued it all down.  I say that like it's nothing, but it was one of those days where nothing wanted to stick, so there were quite a lot of bad words involved at this stage.







And the other problem is that you go through several really good-looking stages on the way...  I already quite like it "naked"...













... and I was seriously tempted to stick at the gesso'd stage.  I think you can count on there being a project that does that some time soon!











But eventually I took a deep breath and set to with the spritzing.  I masked off the bookplate centre so that the "faerie" sign would remain readable.










That is my favoured spelling of the word, by the way... to me the land of faerie is a dark, mysterious place; certainly mischievous and possibly malign, and I feel  f a e r i e  offers a taste of that better than the pink and Disneyed  f a i r y  word.

Once done, I used Black Soot DI to add more definition and finally burnished with Treasure Gold in Aquamarine.









(A thank you shout out goes to Andrea of Eclectic Meanderings - delicious random musings, often with a musical bent, with a "salon" for discussion in the comments on each post, like the 18th century salons I wish I could have participated in! - for giving me this. 

Aquamarine would probably have fairly low down my list of colours to get but, as it turns out, I use this all the time, and on this project it's played a huge role.)







I'm not going to do a complete "here's what I did" because then we really would be here til tomorrow, but there are bits where in future I'll want to know what I did (!) so there'll be a bit of how-to-ing as we go.


Moving to the inside pages, tin foil is one of the primary ingredients... I raided the kitchen drawer and went off to play.  I always knew this would be a book, and the flying carriage was the other immediate thought - but how to make it?




The body of it is foil mounted on card, embossed, painted black and rubbed back, and then cut into petals which I could form into a dimensional carriage.  

It's sort of Cinderella - so was sort of intended to be slightly pumpkin-esque, but this is a flying steampunk pumpkin.







And, given it's pulled by those magical birds, it also has echoes of the Six Swans for me.  Yes, I know they're not swans, and there are more than six of them, but since when were fairytales literal?

The bonneted young lady along for the ride is a Prima stamp, coloured with Distress Stains, coated in UTEE, and she too has had a sprinkling of faerie dust a.k.a. Rock Candy Dry Glitter.  

She's mounted on about four layers of padded tape, cut into tiny pieces to fit behind her.



The circle behind her is the centre of a die-cut TH Weathered Clock.  It was cut from another panel of foil-covered card, but this time it was alcohol-inked in blues and greens - very faerie - and has a sprinkling of Frantage Aged Silver.








On the reverse, I created a layer of crinkled, inked tin foil.












You can just see it on the insides of the clock wheels bracing the structure.  Love this effect, so I think it will get a more prominent airing some time soon.








On yet another piece of tin foil + card I did both techniques: first the blue/green alcohol inking, then the embossing, painting black and rubbing back... and that's what the lettering is die-cut from, using the fantastic WordPlay die.





They then also got edged and burnished with the Treasure Gold.



And they are one of my favourite parts of the piece.  

Is there a more exciting phrase for a child than "Once upon a time..."?  

Here we go into our imaginations...










I used the leftover bits of embossed card in both colours to handcut my little castle/forest.  

I'm still not sure which it is that she's flying over, but I guess that's now in the eye of the beholder - what do you reckon, forest or castle towers?  Both very fairytale, so either will do...









The background is layers and layers of stuff: gesso, papers...











... stencilling, texture paste...








... tissue tape...










... inking, painting, stamping...












The stamping includes my favourite script stamp from the Tim Holtz Apothecary set, and my much loved Stampology Silhouette Blossoms.





Just such fun playing.






And talking of playing...










The faeries (see, these ones are definitely mischievous, just look at them) are torn from Prima's Nature Garden papers, and the rest of the page is scattered around too.

I added white pen doodlings to highlight them in the moonlight, and there are Rock Candy Stickles and Dry Glitter to create the magical aura around them (same treatment for the birds).  You really catch the sparkle best as you move it around of course, but I'm not on the video-ing yet...






I used the Tando Steampunk Christmas Tree mask with some texture paste to create all the cogs and gears (obviously I used it only partially, rather than having the whole tree).












They've had some dry-brushing à la Andy Skinner, as well as the Aquamarine treatment.













The book was fairly willing to stay open and upright where I wanted it, but I decided it would be wise to create some braces, so the Weathered Clocks were pressed into use.  

I love that they give the look of machinery while also echoing the Once Upon a Time and clocks chiming midnight of the Fairytale theme.










There's also an extra little support round the back, two bits of clock die glued together and embossed with Frantage Aged Silver.









I have to confess this piece fell off while I was photographing, and it turned out that in fact it's not needed... I'm delighted that the main braces hold the piece perfectly well.







So it's photo-heavy, information-heavy, imagination-heavy, and actually quite heavy in real life
with all that metalwork... but I hope you've enjoyed the tour around my little piece of Faerieland.


It's now displayed on a corner shelf so that you get the full benefit of both sides.


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by (if you've made it this far)... and if you leave a comment I'll do my level best to return the visit.  




For now I'll wish you all a "Hezky vikend!" (a lovely weekend), and leave you in peace to enjoy a bit of Yeats...

Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.
William Butler Yeats

I'd like to enter this in the following:
Sandee & amelie's Steampunk Challenges where they have invented the Steampunk Fairytale
At Simon Says Stamp and Show they have invited us to Fly
The Craft-room Challenge is spending some time In the Library
At Snazzy's they want to know if we are Inspired by Anna Dabrowska - well, um, yes!
At Anything But A Card they'd also like to know who or what we are Inspired By
At the Inspiration Journal they are playing with Marvellous Masks and Spectacular Stencils
I've just seen that one of my favourite challenges, Artful Times, are also playing Stencils and/or Masks, so I'd like to add this over there...

91 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

This is a brilliantly inspired treasure of a book Alison. You have such an incredible imagination and the final product with so many ideas translated into fabulous elements is amazing. Love it.
hugs {brenda} xox

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a great work of ART!!! Wonderful!!

Greetings
Maria

Debi said...

Alison you just continue to amaze me, I am left completely speechless by this one- a stunner! You will enjoy Finn's workshops ;) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Amanda said...

Hi Alison, I love and admire Finnabair's work, I think you have captured her essence of style brilliantly. I love your translation of the idea that you had running through your mind and I would happily embark in a journey in your flying pumpkin if only to see where it took me!! I also got o the very end of your post lol.
Love
Amanda x

chrissie said...

Stunning Alison. Finnabair's Bair work is always inspiration but your slant on it is amazing. So many textures and colours and embellishments to admire.

Love Chrissie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

OMG, so I said that one of your last projects belonged to my favourites, well this one has definitely topped it! Unbelievable, I ADORE it!!!! The textures and colours are divine but my absolute favourite bit is the flying steampunk pumpkin, with the little lady inside. So, so clever!!! The lettering looks so cool too. The whole design in fact is fantastic!!!

You are going to love Finn's workshop (you may remember I did one last year already in Ireland)she is such a great teacher, we are all going to have soooo much fun!

Annie said...

Absolutely fantastic Alison. A real stunner. I love it

Hugs. Annie x

Claudia N. said...

I am with Astrid on this one, Alison: it is adorable!!!

Love your picture- and explanations-heavy post too! The flying pumpkin is so brilliantly designed and carried out and the clock faces holding everything in place are my personal favourites!

And I totally agree with you on the faeries (instead of their cute sisters, the fairies)!

Thank you for sharing this awesome project with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!!!!

Hugs,
Claudia x

jasann said...

What a wonderful piece of faerie lore, I absolutely adore this piece, how talented you are and how patient to do all the fiddley work that is involved in this piece, but you did it perfectly, congrats and thanks so much for sharing this withus

froebelsternchen said...

this is breathtaking ALISON!

wonderful ARTWORK!

Chrissy said...

WOW!!...Alison, I'm speechless, and totally exhausted...PHENOMENAL..loved it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Neet said...

Oh heck Alison - my workshop prep is using aluminium foil for the next Vicky Stampers. Nothing as wonderful as your book I might add but I am hoping none of the members read your blog or they will have advanced notice of what I am doing with the 'kitchen stuff'.
Your book is absolutely gorgeous and I so enjoyed reading every word and looking at every picture. You are so talented. This is a real work of art and I hope you have somewhere wonderful to display it. You could/should have a show of your own just displaying all your wonderful work.
Hugs Neet xxx

Esther said...

What a gloriously gorgeous piece of creativity Alison - I am in awe of your Faerie tale book. I love all the layers and details, the colours and glittery sparkle..amazing ! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-room....Esther xx

Thanks also for your lovely comments on my personal blog and for joining me xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Your new version of the traditional pumpkin is exceptionally AWESOME! This is a fantastic centerpiece that would absolutely inspire anyone of any age to use their imagination. I can see this in every library across the world....it's completely imaginative and so very unique and definitely wonderfully crafted.
TFS this Alison :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Errr! I don't know what to say! Me - speechless?
Ok - a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! Chrisx

Andrea Small said...

O to the M to the G!!!! This is soooooo gorgeous! Breath well and truly taken away by the amount of work and imagination here and the finished article is splendiferous. Love it, love it.
I think she's flying over a castle which is only visible to those of us who are simpatico with faeries - more humdrum mortals perceive only the forest. (Gosh, no offence intended to those who see it as a forest!). The ambiguity is lovely.
The little piece on the back looks like a bridge to me - a back way into faerie world, to be travelled only with care by the bravest and most sensitive of souls. (I know that as a bridge it's on the narrow side, but that's part of the excitement!)
Yum yum yum
Andrea xx
PS thanks for the shout out - I knew you'd provide a better home for the TG than I would :-)
PPS LOVE IT!!!!!

cathylynn said...

I'm speechless! This is down right gorgeous! Love everything...colors, textures. This book is a brilliant work of art! Your talent radiates here!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Zoechaos said...

WOW The cool colours and metals the brilliant composition of the various elements the imagery and ideas behind this fantasy piece are truly remarkable this is a wonderful piece. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge XOXO Zoe

Candy C said...

Alison...I am BEYOND speechless. Okay..I've recovered now. This Finnabair style book is just AMAZING! That dimensional Cinderella type pumpkin is BRILLIANT! LOVE IT! The design of the book is fantastic. I love every little cog, flower, leaf, wing, letter, etc. that you have placed and where you have placed it. There is so much work here...on both the exterior and the interior! All are simply breathtaking! Thank you so much for always sharing your incredible art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That is, quite simply, the most astounding piece of Steampunk art I have seen this year....it's absolutely gorgeous, I love it!

And I agree with you about 'faerie'.....there are plenty of them in Avebury, a place very dear to my heart and only just down the road :)

LLJ xxxx

Anonymous said...

Sizzling Steampunk!!!!!
An astonishing creation with all that texture and details, so very fabulous.
Wishes
Lynne

Nan G said...

I am awestruck! I feel as though I've been transported into another world.....a faerie world. This is mind boggling, butterfly, the steps you take to create this magical world! There should be a museum for your art!

Yvonne Garner said...

Oh Alisin! You never cease to amaze me with your imagination, creativity, and skill. An awestruck project indeed! Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Alison love your little piece of faerieland, the whole piece is stunning. Live your dimensional carriage , very clever idea. Love your use if metal, texture, treasure gold. Love your little castles, mushrooms , the whole scene is magical. This is a piece that definitely needs another viewing, off to look again. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

craftimamma said...

Oh my Alison, I echo Astrid's comments to the letter! This is an absolutely stunning piece of work with definite inspiration from Anna but also quite definitely your own interpretation of it. The flying pumpkin is so inspired and I have to say I am with you on the spelling of faeries too ;D! How fabulous that we will get to meet in person at the workshops.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS Thankyou for joining the Snazzy's challenge and good luck. Xx

Sandra said...

This is amazing Alison! Love this altered book! So many stunning details! Great idea the way you've used the weathered clock die! So so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Martina said...

*clap! clap! clap!*

Alison! This is just fabulous you have outdone yourself! I LOVE IT!

barbarayaya62 said...

Alison ..... OMG!!!!!!!!! i've no words! LOve all all..... again all!!!! BArbarayaya

Monique said...

This is an amazing faerie =) tale book. Love it! So much detail and love went into it. The colour is beautiful, though I can imagine how you wanted to stop at the gesso stage. I'm glad you didn't. I'm going with castle, as my mind sees little spires =)
Beautiful work!!!
xx Monique

Janny Jager said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Alison what a great and beautiful pice of ARTTTT.
Amazing how you made it.
Love every detail.


Greetings Janny

sara j said...

A - MAZE - ING. Your work is so --- geez --- I can't find the right word so I'll just say your work is so damn cool. Your imagination apparently has no boundaries which makes following your blog really, really fun. I am such a fan of Finnebair's but have never tried the technique but after seeing your wonderful step by step post, I might have to give it a whirl. Lucky you for attending her workshop later this year....I can only imagine what you will create after that experience!
I do know what you mean about like a piece at each step. Sometimes I have to have a little talk with myself to move on...I know it needs something more, but I'm afraid I'll mess it up. Fortunately the last couple of times I ventured on, it made the piece better.
I'm off to study the post some more!!

Jenny Marples said...

Well by now I think you've seen every plaudit there is available so I'll keep mine simple - genius!!!! The carriage is to die for and the blending on the background is seamless, no mean feat in itself. Hugs, Jenny x

Rosie said...

Wow, Alison, this is more than gorgeous, it is breathtaking. Sooooo wonderful and fantastic a great artwork.

Have a nice weekend

Anonymous said...

Amazing project Alison ! Love all the metal and the way you've created the metal chariot is fabulous! Sue C x

maj. said...

It is perfect, Alison! Really truly amazing!!!

Maura said...

Awesome!! Love how you painted over the metal, gives it a whole new look!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is gorgeous, Alison. You are so lucky to be going to the Finn class. This style is so hard. It is so difficult at each stage to know when you stop, isn't it, especially when you like where you have got to? This is amazing,

Lucy x

House of Bears said...

Oh wow, a flying steampunk pumpkin is a FAB idea, and you've illustrated your idea so well too. We love this, the colours and the detail.

May said...

Fabulous work Alison, You have made me lost for words... that is difficult to do... GORGEOUS every bit of it... AMAZING WORK!!Hugs May x x x

Netty said...

wow Alison your altered book is fabulous and totally inspired. Love the way you let your imagination flow. A standing ovation for your brilliant project. Hugs Annette x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous piece of art, I'm missing words.

Helen said...

Beautiful!!! I admit to skimming the post tonight as I have been at the Ally Pally craft show all day and am sooooo tired! I will read it properly tomorrow.. but the artwork is fantastic.

Von said...

I'm lost for words Alison it's totally awesome !!!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
Von ♥

Bonnie Irvine said...

Absolutely stunning, Alison! I love every single detail inside and out...just phenomenal. I love the steampunk pumpkin carriage with the birds drawing it. The clock braces are gorgeous and the lovely dimension, texture, and colour palette just draws me in. WoW!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Amazing Alison. Totally and absolutely amazing!

Marjie Kemper said...

Alison, this is amazing! The carriage pulled by the birds? Inspired! All the details are incredible. I've just been working on an embedded canvas a la Finn and I appreciate how time-intensive this was... well worth every moment, my friend! Off to pin your beauty...

Terry said...

Funny thing is that I am working on the same challenge and really thinking I bite off WAY more! This is beautiful and so many creative elements! Love your sweet ending fairytale! Enjoy the weekend and say "HI" to Lucy, Brenda and Petra for me!

Ephemera said...

Wonderful and extremely creative work Alison and so exquisitely crafted, must have taken simply ages to create, fabulous.xxx

Heathers Inspiration said...

WOW, this is Divine and so Inspirational. Definitely Fairie Magic and a sprinkling of Fabulousness x

Michelle Webb said...

OH MY WORD Alison, this is out of this world! Wow I really love it. What a great imagination you have, all the work and the gesso, and the lovely layered backgrounds are all to die for. I read the lot! I'd go for castle towers by the way, it makes it all the more mysterious fantasy fairie land. Love it! So much work and so very clever Alison. A fantastic altered item to treasure. Such a great post, thank you for making it. Michelle x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Absolutely amazing! Love how the little piece flows from inside to outside the book! Ww wow and wow again!! Simply stunning LOVE IT!!! can you tell?! Hugs trace x

Sandy said...

Unbelievable -that's what your are ..
Do you hear me singing that song Alison? As this is a steampunk faerie world, I really thought the "towers" were steampunk mushroom houses where the little faeries lived. That amazing flying machine is a magical carriage taking our very lovely and proper British lady to a Faerie Ball. Look at the shadow she casts - wonderful. The little faeries in the bottom left are protecting her from evil as she is flown through the dark wood. I think you are a grownup faerie with magical abilities.
Sandy

Elly said...

Is there anything left i can write about this absolutly stunning fairy book? OMG....this is an scroll up and down and up and down and up and down post. The texture and colour and so many details to look at. Love the way you used this clock die. Yes, you are brilliant (:o)

mark gould said...

Oh wow, I cant stop looking at the photo's, so many beautiful and well thought out details. the little cradle is genius. thanks for sharing this with us at anything but a card x

Dianne said...

Buzzing and fizzy, your too funny,looks like she is flying over the village outside the castle, I looooove all the processes it looks fabulous in all the stages, I can't stop looking either,I go back and look, outstanding job my dear oh so talented Alison, thanks for always inspiring me, your the BOMB.. Have a wonderful day, going back to look again:):)

catherine said...

This is just so fantastic Alison. love all the elements, colour and layout - so everything about it. So creative
x catherine

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

THanks for sharing the progress. That creation is really an awesome composition of gorgeous elements and decoration. Really an unique breathtaking masterpiece!

Kasia said...

What a beautiful book! Love all those creative elements :)

Carol Q said...

wow - you went full tilt at this one Alison. what a fabulously imaginative and innovative creation. breathtaking!! I had the pleasure of seeing your work IRL yesterday at Ally Pally . I spent most of the day hovering over the PA stand. lol

Dorthe said...

Alison this is magnificent! Stunning-beautiful, and out of the world fantastic!
I love your wonderful colours and your faerie land, the gorgeous pumpkin and all the flowers and steampunk pieces-
you embossed, painted,created-and outdid yourself with this art piece!
Hugs, Dorthe

Maria said...

Hi Alison, you have such wonderful creativity, I love how you interpret your ideas. This is absolutely amazing, and such gorgeous detailed photos. Thanks for joining in with our "In The Library" theme over at the Craft-Room.

Thank you for becoming one of my followers, and also for your lovely comments, particularly on my ice resin creations. This stuff is fairly new to me so I'm trying different things out to see what's good and not good :-).

Maria x

SanDee1899 said...

Stunning and breathless this is suach an oustanding wow amazing piece of art. Such a lot of details and wow. I do love to see the progress (step by step) very much as well - Alison you are such an fab Artist!
And thank you for joining the SanDee&Amelie´s 'STEAMPUNK CHALLENGE!
XOXO SanDee

hazel said...

Wow Alison! This is amazing and beautiful, I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Thank you for becoming one of my followers and leaving me all the comments at the weekend, they're very much appreciated.

Redanne said...

Hi Alison, I am bringing up the rear on some wonderful comments..... I love your Finnabair inspired faerie wonderland - it is totally magical and quite stunning! Wow! Hugs, Anne x

Anonymous said...

You make me crazy...
Was ist das denn bitte schon wieder für ein Teil...mir fehlen grad die Worte... die englischen sowieso..lach.
Das ist umwerfend schööön, ich weiß gar nicht, wo ich zuerst hingucken soll!!
Ich muss mir mal ernsthaft überlegen, ob ich noch auf deinen blog gehe. Das ist ja frustierend für mich. Alles was du machst wird immer so genial...seufz..
You are really an artist.

Lg siljan

Minxy said...

Sorry for my delayed comment, i'm away at the moment.
Thank you for taking part in the snazzy challenge, Your piece is Stunning, I love the colours and the use of the clock die at the sides, very clever xo

snazzyoriginal said...

Amazing& inspired! Loved the ingenious use of the weather clock as braces xx

WendyK said...

Absolutely fantastic, everyone has said everything else. A wonderful piece of work.
If you on the workshop at Snazzy's I will see you there.

Ginger said...

amazing altered book. I know what you mean about this technique at every stage you think " I like it like this" but it always ends up getting better and better with each painty layer. x

Annette Green said...

Alison, this is so full of detail, technique, and mystery. It has ME buzzing and fizzing all the way over here in Florida. Simply amazing!

craftytrog said...

Simply stunning Alison, I love your Anna-inspired cover! I'm thrilled to say, I'm going to her workshop too, so we shall meet, at last!
Alison xx

Anna-Karin said...

WOw Alison, this is fantastic. So many details, I could just stare and stare at it. Wonderful layers and textures. Love the dimensional focal piece on the inside. Thank you so much for sharing another wonderful piece with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Sue said...

Absolutely amazing Alison, so hard to choose a favourite part but the AI's and frantage are stunning xx

toni said...

Stunning Alison! Beautifully done xx

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is sooooooooo stunning! Every time I see one of your pieces I think you can't surpass it and you do! Stunning composition and fabulous colour work Alison, I just marvel at your creative mind. This has to be one of your all-time bests.....? Wow. Chris xxx

Gio said...

oh WOW!!!

The cover the cover! I'm drooling over it!And the colours....
You at your best..thanks SSS for inspiring you!

Margaret said...

Alison, this is amazing! Steampunk Faerie Stories are not something I've seen before, but I think you have combined them perfectly! The slightly dark and industrial is mixed so well with the soft and dreamy. The embellishments are amazing too! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

Kelly said...

I am speachless and my heart is palpatating over this gorgeous creation Alison! Amazing, I want it! I need to spend time on your blog and figure this out on my own, you are full of inspiration. Thanks for explaining some of this to me, of course I will need to reread it again. hehe.
Outstanding you are.
Kelly

Kjersti said...

Stunning!! I really enjoy to spend time on your blog Alison, such an inspiration and gorgeous work! Hugs Kjersti:)

Pam said...

Holy cow!! Love the this, pure eye candy!!

Bärbel said...

Liebe Alison, das ist ein atemberaubend schönes Kunstwerk, was du hier geschaffen hast.Ich bin so begeistert von den vielen liebevollen Details, den Farben, den Metallelementen, ich komme in's Schwärmen, es ist grandios!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Stunning work and a stunning blogpost - don't think I ever read such a long one in this challenge world!!! Beautiful art piece - very well done, with lots and lots of gorgeous details!

Julia S-W said...

Technique, technique, technique. You have them all over this wonderful piece Alison and they combine to become a truly stunning piece. (Too many amazing details to mention in one little comment!). Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Anything But A Card this time.
Juliaxxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Alison just catching up and so pleased I didn't miss this, its is stunning. A truly fabulous piece.
Avril xx

Jag på Ekholmen said...

Amazing! So much details.

Lisa H said...

WOW! There is so much going on here - I love it! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Inspiration Journal. =)

Debbie said...

I am always amazed and awed when I visit! This is gorgeous! I love all the textures, details and love you have poured into this project. Thank you for showing how you got there!

Wishes From A Broad
Debbie :)

Neet said...

Gosh Alison - 88 comments. Just shows how fabulous your work is. You are famous throughout the crafting/stamping world.
Wonderful work which I commented on earlier before you linked it up to Artful Times.
Thanks for displaying such fab work on our challenge blog.
Hugs, Neet xx

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow amazing stunning gorgeous creation. I love working on books and I have done it twice, but no way like this, it's beauty and elegancy is out of this world amazing. In the craft stamper magazine they did a piece I would like to try, a bit like this but using shelf brackets. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now this is how far back I am with reading blogposts! - now going through my rss feeds, only looking at images (duh, about 3000? 4000? unread posts - no time to read them well!) All your makes are wonderfull, but this one is really a fantasy world, something that provokes the imagination, that creates a world in my head, that makes me want to see the "next episode". Love how the blue, steampunk and fairy go together, very inspiring to see something not rusty/brown steampunk!
Quickly heading back to my mailbox to check the other posts (or rather, images...)

greetings,
Debbie.

Anonymous said...

haha distracted me - I had read this post previously, (I've read them till november 2013), but I started at the start of the feed in my mailbox again to put stars next to the most inspiring blogposts, in case I am out of inspiration :).