I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 10 December 2018

Winter Journal V

It's time for page number five in my Winter Journal, and I'm playing the blues again this time, as I did with Winter Journal I.


So far, I think this blue/brown/white is probably my favourite of the colour combinations - and no, there are no prizes for guessing that... it's all too obvious given my longtime colour palette preferences!








This glorious vivid blue is courtesy of the Colorex ink again - Cosmos Blue - same as for the first page.  Clearly, I will have to look in to the rest of their colour palette.















The Tim Holtz Thinlits birch trees are cut from some of the Pion Design paper still hanging around after my Star Light, Star Bright tags.  I'm still making use of things which are to hand - it saves both thinking and searching time to just use whatever is there!













Some more of the Idea-ology Small Talk stickers capture the mood of optimism and the hard work ahead which is part of my world at the moment...












... as well as clearly being key ingredients in the personality of this young man.  Look at his jaunty posture, leaning on the words themselves, and ready for anything. 

I love him!













He's definitely ready to take on the world, despite the fact that he may have to make his way through the forest and the drifts of gesso snow to get there!












The film strip highlights some of the background handwriting washi tape, as well as being framed by some of the darker tape.  I'm enjoying the film strip a lot on these pages, and this page is probably my favourite so far (up against the first one for competition).






I'm also enjoying these shorter blogposts... so quick to write!  I'll be back before you know it and, whether you have time to visit or not, I hope you all have a great week.

You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.
From Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

I'd like to play along again at Art Journal Journey for Bleubeard and Elizabeth's themes of My Favourite Season/Tis the Season
At the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge they are offering up some Warm Winter Wishes - setting off through the forest in search of adventure should keep him warm!
And I'm joining in with Anything Goes with an Optional Twist of White over at More Mixed Media
At the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog they are playing, as always, Anything Mixed Media Goes

25 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages, love the wonderful colour scheme. Thanks so much for joining us again at More Mixed Media, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Another gorgeous page Alison. I think you are enjoying creating these pages as much as we are all enjoying seeing them here.
Yvonne xx

Sandy S. said...

What a gorgeous page! I am blown away by the colors. Last night I watched a French film tiled The Guardians, and the barn was the same colors. I couldn't stop staring at it.

Helen said...

I love the trees! another stunning page.

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - your page is wonderful Alison. The doll works brilliantly in your scene. This journal will be amazing when complete. Nicola x

Astrid Maclean said...

Another fab page Alison, love the trees cut from the Pion paper! The fellow looking so casual seems to feel right at home there.

Just got back from the big apple and spent a fabulous day with Marjie at the Met, she sends greetings back of course :o)

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome page, Alison!

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful page - this fellow looks great with your amazing textures and the fantastic trees and snow! I am so happy about your amazing pages - they really brighten the wintry mood and early darkness! Thank you very much for linking this to AJJ again!
Hugs, Susi

Dorthe said...

This is so gorgeous, the blue light is stealing my attention, looking so beautiful, there as background for the handsome young man- Love it Alison. xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, I am in total awe of your beautiful winter journal. This latest page is pure magic. I love it.

I have two different sets of TH dolls and have, to my knowledge, never seen this one. Your composition is perfect, and you positioned him with such great care and thought. I'm really impressed with this, and of course, the colors, too. It was great that you once again shared my theme at Art Journal Journey, too! Thank you for making this a December to remember.

Sue said...

This is so beautiful, I love your colours! I came on earlier to leave a comment, then ended up checking out those gorgeous inks lol. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Neet said...

I think blue, brown and white are fast becoming my favourite colours to use in a combination. All down to your beautiful work Alison. But then you have the knack of putting the paint in just the right place ad in just the right way.
Great to have the blue in again.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lenie said...

Love this page!!
I think the trees are great in the background and the boy leaning on the words. And this beautiful blue colour!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful page Alison! I love the winter blue peeking through the trees! xx

Redanne said...

The gently falling snow, the gorgeous blue, the kraft background all make for a gorgeous page. The dapper young man is not too bad either! Anne xx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Alison,
It would be near impossible for me to pic a fav of all these great pages! But there is something deep and moving about this particular one~ The trees are sort of mysterious; so very cool! and the great coloring of his jacket & hat - in contrast with that vivid blue; It's beautiful!! It is a brilliant lay out and really draws me in. Nice textures and the spattered white is true to the season this story portrays.
Yes, great strength of character, this young man - both in the words he leans on and in his stance! Love it! Hugs, karen o

Craftyfield said...

I like that bit of blue thrown in, it lifts the whole page. Lovely paper doll too and I love how you positioned him on the page.

Marci said...

I think this is my favorite so far, also. Beautiful!

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
And that blue- WOW!it draws you right in,immediately!
Beautiful Alison!
Jackie xx

Andree said...

A wonderful journal page Alison and a lovely colourway, perfect for the scene you've created. Fabulous depth, gorgeous texture and super details.
Thank you for joining in with our December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck and don't forget to consider applying to the DT call we are holding this month x

pearshapedcrafting said...

A beautiful screen for your confident looking chappie! This looks very suitably cold!! Hugs, Chrisx

simo said...

Oh Alison..I love this page and the colour combo is one of my fave! It's a beautiful scene...well done my friend! Hugs ❤ Simo

sarascloset said...

Your wintry journal page is so beautiful and I can see why it was put into the spotlight at SSS! Congratulations to you, Alison! Merry Christmas!

2amscrapper said...

Absolutely stunning!

Lys said...

A delightful wintery scene, your favourite colours are at their best! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!