I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 1 February 2013

Hedgerow Tag I



Hello all, thank you so much for stopping by today.  I really hope you like the stamps used on today's tag, as you're going to be seeing plenty of them!


You know when you see a stamp and just fall head over heels in love with it... and then you ink it up and stamp it, and it just sings to you about what it wants to do...  (If you don't know, then you're probably a bit worried about me by now!)


Well, that's what happened to me with the new Donna Downey stamps from Unity which have come from eclectic Paperie, and have been making my Design Team duties for eP an absolute dream - I've been having a wonderful time with them!!


And here are the first fruits of my labours (hmm... labours? - pleasures, more like!).  As usual, you'll find links to what I've used at the foot of the post.



I started by cutting myself a jumbo manila tag, and embossing the first of the DD stamps, Delicate Flowers, with clear powder - now I know that's going to stay put, whatever else I throw at it.


I blended some DIs onto the tag, mainly Vintage Photo, but also some Tea Dye and touches of Walnut Stain.  And then stamped the Delicate Flowers again, this time with Ranger Archival in Sepia.  Then I layered in some of the Wayward Blooms in Coffee Archival, mainly at either side of the tag.









All of these stampings are partial - I haven't at any point got the whole stamp on the tag, I don't think... One of the fantastic things about these stamps is their size - nearly 8 inches in length.  So they're bold and gutsy in size, but so pretty and delicate in effect - well, depending on how you use them, of course!












The next step was to add my butterflies.  I used the beautiful Mini Mariposa stencil from the Crafter's Workshop and applied the insanely cool Wendy Vecchi embossing paste through it.









Now, I don't have it in gold, only in white, so once it was dry (which you can help along with a heat tool) I added some Treasure Gold wax to the raised areas.  If you've got the paste in gold, you'll be good to go straight away!













The sentiment is from another Donna Downey set - Empowered Words - and again, I clear embossed it onto manila cardstock, using the Ranger SuperFine embossing powder, and then blended over it with the various DIs.










I used some kitchen paper, lightly spritzed with water, to wipe the embossed surface clear again, and then gave the edges a bit more definition by sliding them across the surface of the inkpad.










I dyed some crinkle ribbon using Distress Stains, and added raffia and twine from my stash to create the topper... and then waited for some sunshine to take the photos.  Come on, with those golden butterflies, they've gotta have some proper sunlight!

Hope you like it... as I say, there's plenty more where this came from, and I look forward to sharing them with you over soon.  Happy crafting in the meantime!

Every tree and plant in the meadow seemed to be dancing, those which average eyes would see as fixed and still.
Jalal ad-Din Rumi


Just click on the pictures to take you straight to the products:





37 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

Alsion I love browns and this is a supertax using them , those stamps are gorgeous and I lovethe sentiment too! I am sure you will have lts of fun with them hugs trace x

Inkypinkycraft said...

That's super tag!!this thing puts its own words in!!!

Krisha said...

WOW Alsion, this is just an out standing tag. Gorgeous stamp indeed!

Sarah said...

Ohhh, this is like relaxing on the grass and peeking through the weeds without getting all itchy. I love it!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag Alison, love the layered flowers and the texture on the butterflies from the texture paste. Gorgeous design and I love that sentiment. Tracy x

Cestina said...

Lovely design but - um - where's the first thing I look for which is the quote?? (That's because I've usually had the pleasure and privilege of seeing everything in real life so I can afford to drop down to the quotes, which constantly delight me :-)

xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great browns...love the effects so much...very stylish tag, Alison!

greetings, Alie :-)

Jenny Marples said...

Layer upon layer of gorgeousness all captured beautifully. Think I need a few photography lessons (and a borrow of your tree!) Have a wonderful weekend, hugs Jenny x

Cestina said...

Thank you :-)

Amanda said...

What a great combination of techniques with stunning results. Isn't that empowerment stamp set wonderful I recently got hold of the set myself.
Love
Amanda x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous tag Alison! Love the embossing - and those stamps are going on my list! Having a few days away! Chrisx

Redanne said...

Oooh so many techniques and what an absolutely gorgeous result, loving the brown tones too Alison. The stamps are beautiful...... Hugs, Anne x

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful tag.. wow!

Andrews Stamping Pad said...

Beautiful tag Alison ! I think your blog is super and full of inspiration .
Andy xx

Annie said...

I so love the colours on this gorgeous tag Alison. The addition of the paste is perfect adding more depth to the layers you have created.

Look forward to seeing more.

Have a good weekend

Annie x

Geraldine said...

Great tag, love the stamps and stencil, the sentiment is great, have a lovely weekend.

Sue said...

A beautiful tag Alison, these stamps are amazing and you've worked wonders with them xx

Dorthe said...

How dreamy , and stunningly beautiful, dear Alison.
I feel like a wee fairy,standing on the ground,looking through the sunrise in a field, seing all the shimmering light,giving the winged insects a silvery glow, because of the morning dew on their wings ,-meeting the sun !
And the qoute, was just right for me before going to bed, tonight. Thank you and hugs.
Dorthe

Krafty Kows said...

Wow what a gorgeous tag. Jeanette

Hettie said...

This tag is sooo beautiful. Love the gentle muted colours too! Wow!
How I would love to come and sit in your craft room when you are working just to see how you "tick"!!
Hugs
xx

Kjersti said...

Another orgeous tag Alison, this time with another beautiful colour scheme!
Hugs Kjersti:)

chrissie said...

What a wonderful tag-love everything about it. Every hedgerow seems like magic to me and you have captured that magic in this tag.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Martina said...

Wow, amazing Alison, I love this fabulous tag!!
It is totally awesome my friend.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs and more Hugs
MARTINA ♥

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful tag Alison
Greta details.
Greetings Janny

Rosie said...

Wowowowow, this tag is gorgeous, Alison

Have a lovely weekend

sam21ski said...

All those shades of brown look absolutely gorgeous Alison, great job and I agree, lovely stamps.

Sam xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I love the quote. The background and all the butterflies and dragonflies are fantastic.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This tag is so earthy and lovely. I tried to get that delicate flowers stamp the other day but will have to wait until they are back in stock. Now I REALLY want it :) The embossing paste through the butterflies is gorgeous. They, too, look delicate andmagical. Wonderful quote.

Chris said...

Fantastic tag Alison and I love the effect of your techniques with the DD stamps, I've been admiring them for a while :-).Such gorgeous butterflies and colour scheme too. You've got me itching to go and make something! Chris x

Kezzy said...

Wow stunning those stamps look amazing. Yep I know what you mean with a favourite stamp lol. Hugs Kezzy xxx

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful tag, and wonderful stamps and quote.
Avril xx

Chrissy said...

Oh! I have been hiding under my rock again...how did I miss this gorgeous tag..Love the colours and sparkle, gorgeous images and details..beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

craftimamma said...

Wow, I find all the layers and textures of this tag absolutely wonderful Alison. I have to admit I would love to run my fingers over the embossing, lol! Those stamps are really lovely and I must check out the Empowered Words asap!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Ellie Knol said...

I must have mist this one.. gorgeous too!

Dianne said...

WOW,WOW, WOW, just to freaking gorgeous, you get me sooooo excited, thanks my dear Alison..

Nan G said...

Gorgeous tag! Live these blooms.

mamablitger said...

Oh gosh....just LOVE your tag. Very great variety of techniques included !
Thanks a lot for sharing your creativity ! It was really inspiring to see your lovely work on this tag !!!
Thanks a LOT
Hgs from SPAIN