I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 18 February 2013

Guest Designer at Calico Crafts


Surely not another one, I hear you cry!

Well, yes...

I'm thrilled and honoured to have been invited to Guest Design for Calico Crafts this month.  They're one of my favourite online crafty places with really unusual and interesting stock for getting creative with.  

And if you're thinking - "hey, butterfly's having a busy month" - you're right... it's ended up being more than a little crazy.  

But if I'd turned down the opportunities which presented themselves, then I'd be more than a little crazy... and what was completely mad was that all the offers arrived in the space of two or three days in the run up to Christmas - I didn't know whether I was coming or going!!

Of course, if it hadn't been for the new releases, I wouldn't have been doing any PaperArtsy "work" until September... but who's going to say no to working with brand new stamps?!






Anyway, for now I can only offer you a sneak peek of today's project here at Words and Pictures, so I would love it if you had time to pop over to the Calico Crafts blog and see what I've been up to (Edit - now available to see here at Words and Pictures).  I like this one a lot... I hope you do too!  And if you've never been before then take a look around while you're there, you'll find lots more inspiration from their regular DT - which includes some amazing crafters.

When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!'.  Then get busy and find out how to do it.
Theodore Roosevelt

It is not enough to be busy.  So are the ants.  The question is: What are we busy about?
Henry David Thoreau

31 comments:

Helen said...

This looks fun, I am off to check it out!! You are lucky! Well done, well deserved.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Looks gorgeous, well done you...you will laugh when you see my DT make this week, spooky to say the least !! Hugs trace x

Deborah said...

Love the glimpse with the rusty wire. Off to have a look.

chrissie said...

Can't wait to see the whole thing Alison.

Have both of your quote's for today saved and thought of another one that fits you--'If you want anything doing ask a busy person to do it'. Not sure who said that or if they did say exactly that:0(

Keep working your magic

Love Chrissie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Loving this little sneakypeek already, so will hop across in a moment. Having guest designed for them a few times, I know how much fun it is and love them too! Congrats on being so busy and managing to hang in there!!

Laurart said...

Have been over to see it - and it is wonderful. Really gorgeous! Must admit I am always in love with the neutral palette you work with. I bought some rusty wire on my shopping trip there recently! Couldn't resist! Plus I have given up hope of trying to make silver wire look rusty by myself ;o) Love from Laura xxxxxxxxx

Dorthe said...

Alison, it is a wonderful reuse of your beer mats, the hanger is beautiful, in all its nature colours and stamps, and I love the driftwood, that I also play a lot with.
Hugs,Dorthe

craftytrog said...

Congratulations Alison! Looks fab from the sneak peek, off to see the full piece! xx

Rita said...

Congratulations Alison. The sneak peek looks so enthralling I'm off to see the whole project and I'm sure it will not disappoint. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Trish Latimer said...

Love it Alison! The wire and driftwood in between just fit so wonderfully with the whole look! xxxxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sensational, love the vintage tones and of course I LOVE the rusty metals! Congrats on another guest DT spot. You are really rockin' it, Alison!

Hugs,
Linda

Redanne said...

Ah, Chrissie above has already said what springs to mind in my head, so no need to repeat it. Congrats, you really are on a crafty roll at the moment but you so deserve it as your work is stunning! Off to see the whole piece now. Hugs, Anne x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Spectacular and so perfectly you!!! Love each square and the wood bits!!!

catherine said...

This looks really interesting Alison and congratulations on a place with the blog. well deserved
x catherine

Netty said...

looking wonderful, x

Annie said...

As a Curious Crafter I must take a peek at CC.

Hugs

Annie x

Annie said...

Love your make Alison, driftwood and wire such a fab combo.

Beautiful piece.

TFS

Left a message at CC but had problem with the captcha ....!!

Hugs

Annie x

gayle said...

Congratulations! Your work is fab, no wonder you've been so busy :) x

Paper Profusion said...

This is brilliant Alison. Congrats on guest DT - you well deserve it and I'm sure Calico Crafts are delighted with your craftpiece. Nicola x

Janny Jager said...

Congratulations Alison and hope to see the beautful things you make for them.
Greetings Janny

May said...

Fabulous Alison, Love it all... Congrats on your GDT spot... Hugs May x x x.

sam21ski said...

Congrats on your DT spot, looks stunning xxx

Sam xxx

Dianne said...

WOOHOO congrats to you.You will be a great addition to the team and I'm excited to see what you create...

Brenda Brown said...

You are really on a roll Alison, another fabulous make and congrats on your GDT spot.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sandy said...

Well I did go the Calico Crafts blog and I saw your wonderful "Beer Hanging" -- so very clever of you Alison - they should have you all the time!!
Sandy

Keren Tamir said...

well what a fabulous project Alison! I love the Beer Hanging OTP amazing. congrats on the gdt

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, such a gorgeous hanging. Really an eyecatcher.

Bonnie Irvine said...

Congrats, Alison. I can't believe how many exciting secrets you have had to keep. All of these forms of recognition and invites are so well deserved. This piece is fabulous. Love the driftwood...you incorporate nature into your designs so beautifully and creatively. Awesome project.

Marjie Kemper said...

Off to admire... what a great sneak peek this is!

Kasia said...

This is awesome hanging! I love those driftwood sticks and rusty wires.

Nan G said...

Too cool! You and inkypinky are on the same wave length! Really love your piece.