I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 16 February 2013

PaperArtsy Word Up!

Hello all, and welcome - great to have you drop by!  I'm sharing some more samples for the new PaperArtsy releases today.  Yup, it's more...
... new PaperArtsy stamps... new PaperArtsy stamps... new PaperArtsy stamps...


Check out the new JOFY stamps released on Thursday here (and my samples here), and the brand new Lin Brown line revealed on Friday here.

Sunday at noon on the PaperArtsy blog there'll be one more set of brand new releases that you won't want to miss, but for today let's hear it for the amazing new stamps from designer Sara Naumann!  You're in the midst of my sneak peeks right now.




This Eclectica collection is pretty much all about the words, so I leapt at the chance to have a play  with them in advance of the release date.

There are 8 new plates in total, and you can see them all over at the PaperArtsy blog today, along with sneak peeks from my fellow Design Team members of the projects they came up with.







I had 4 sets to play with (little pause to pinch myself, can't believe my luck!).

I'll share a few photos of my pieces today, and follow up with some more detailed posts over the next days and weeks (so that I can keep a record too).





Of course, these stamps will be fantastic for art journalling, or as accents and background texture around other focal images, but I tried to be a purist about my samples and stick to just using these stamps for them.  But, oh boy, am I ever ready to start combining them into other projects?!



So the first piece was created using ESN01, a tag in my favourite neutrals with highlights of Treasure Gold in White Fire.

See the sneak peek for a close-up of that fantastic Gothic font on the tag background... those who are always wondering about how to source old German book pages, fret no more - the solution is here!






Then there's ESN04 with two of my favourite words to live by, play and experiment, right there in bold, and so many other inspirational words and phrases, plus the fabulously Alice-y: "the words "DRINK ME,"!

Another tag, this time switching from neutrals to my current colour obsession of turquoises and teals.




ESN05 has the most gorgeous letter ephemera - Carte Postale which is just a joy, and some French script which is also delicious.

I started out by messing around with lots of inks, sprays, stamps and stencils to create a background (you'll spot the straw technique in there again if you look closely!), and then cut it all up.

The word forgotten was calling me, so that became the focal word of each square.  Up to this point, I was really enjoying where the project was going...






... but here's where - if I could have the piece back, I'd change it!  I'd love to rip the whole grid off that dull-as-ditchwater card and bung some corrugated card behind'em - but it's too late: they've all been shipped off to Leandra for possible show display. (Looking at it now, I'm hoping not this one!)







Thankfully, inspiration struck again and I waltzed back into my comfort zone with this "vintage" postcard!

I just allowed the words to tell me a story, and off we went...






And the final plate I had to work (ahem!) with was ESN06, where I also took a journey from trying to impose on the stamps to just letting them do their thing... but I'm going to forgive myself for rushing into it at first - we were on something of a short deadline!!









So the first piece, using hexagonal beer mats to create a hanging, was great fun to make... lovely inky stencilling, book pages, and my favourite stamping on tissue paper to put the words centre stage, but it never really took off for me - I felt I was letting the stamps down.







But then they burst back into life on the tag, with watercolour Distress Stains, and Fresco paints and crackle glaze in the background tag.  It happened without me really thinking about it, which I find is usually the best way to play!

If you've not already been there, then do check out the PaperArtsy blog for lots of sneak peeks and links to what the rest of the team have been creating, as well as details of the other 4 new Sara Naumann stamp sets.  There are some real beauties.

But for now, I'd like to say a huge thank you for your company today.  I will be following up with more details of some of these projects in the days to come, so it would be lovely to see you again... and I do hope to see you when my full PaperArtsy "duties" kick off in September.

Happy crafting (and shopping) in the meantime!

A person who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. 
Albert Einstein

True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Oh, and by the way, here's a definition from The Urban Dictionary of the phrase I used in my post title.  Thought I'd share it as it tickled me!
Word Up - I comprehend what you are saying and verify that your statement is true, my good brother.  
It also signifies acknowledgement, approval, or an indication of enthusiasm - so it seemed like the perfect title to accompany the new PaperArtsy releases!

30 comments:

Carol Q said...

fabulous plates to work with Alison. I've certainly added them to my wish list after I've seen your gorgeous results. I particularly like the corrugated card ones.

Helen said...

Alison I think all your samples are great, the new stamps sets are on my wish list immediately. I can see so many things to do with these!!

Anonymous said...

More PA stamps that I really, really NEED, especially after seeing your gorgeous samples.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, love what you've created with these wonderful sets.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Alison ! I love, love , love your projects ! Gorgeous ! Sue C x

Bonnie Irvine said...

What an amazing set of stamps to play with. You have done an incredible job of honouring each one, of showing the versatility and possibilities. Each of these pieces would be wonderful in the PA display as they are beautiful, creative, and make me feel that I "need" all of these stamps. I'm particularly ssmitten with the post card and the tag on a tag. Fantastic art, Alison.

Gillian .... said...

An array of stunning projects Alison, I think we may be buys for some time to come:) xx

craftimamma said...

You ladies on the DT are so lucky getting to work (?) with these fabulous stamps but I'm sure you all know that. However, even fab stamps need talented people to show them off and you've certainly done that with your designs Alison. They are all totally stunning but I think, by a whisker, my favourites are the tags.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Francesca said...

What great samples using the new Paper Artsey stamps. Lovely colours.

Anonymous said...

more gorgeous creations! You have such a way with texture!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

You are such an enabler! Word Up, luv it! Your art is beautiful GF!

Deborah said...

So will I see these in the flesh at Stamperama on 24th? Hope so. 'Word Up' makes me think of the song and Larry Blackmon in his codpiece LOL

sam21ski said...

Love what you've done with your new stamp plates Alison and well done for being picked as a guest designer for PA.

Sam xxx

brenda said...

Wow, what a feast for the eyes Alison, you probably know how much I love colour and this really plays to my eye.

B x

Redanne said...

Oh, so many possibilities with these wonderful new stamps - the only problem is which set to go for first! It is a bit like choosing a favourite child...... Everything you have done is beautiful, love the corrugated background ones especially. Hugs, Anne x

toni said...

My Alison you have been busy! great work with those new stamps I can see them becoming a firm favourite with you, loads of gorgeous inspired ways of using them x

yoursartfully said...

Wow Alison, you made loads of things in such a short space of time and they are all beautiful. Your vintage postcard is so elegant, I just love it.

Lin

Amanda said...

Gosh how much work? But brilliant! Another set of stamps that I Neeeeeeeed lol
Love
Amanda x

catherine said...

Everything looks super Alison and such creativity. Hope your having a good weekend
x catherine

Krisha said...

Hi Aliosn, your previews of the new stamps sets are just stunning, but after reading your Bio I have come to understand your love of the script stamps. You are quite and accomplished lady, and I am happy our paths have crossed.

Debi said...

you've been busy!! love all your creations, and those stamps are pretty cool and versatile, Debi x

Michelle Webb said...

Wow Alison, so many amazing makes from the new stamps, I love how we all interpret the stamps diffrerntly. Our individuality really shows through. I absolutely love your style and my favourite here is the postcard. It's really very cool! Love the texture and the colour of the postcard is amazing. Michelle x

Chris said...

Fabulous samples Alison and huge congrats on being a designer for PaperAtsy, I'm sure you're in heaven with all their gorgeous products!

I saw all the new stamps at The Craft Barn today.......oh dear, so tempting and it's great to see what you've done with them, so very inspiring. Hugs, Chris xx

Kezzy said...

WOW WOW WOW you really have done some amazing creations (I really need to think of another word to replace amazing, but that's what I see all the time when I visit lol). I really really love the Forgotten, I understand why you would like to change it, but on the other hand no one will look what it is on, they will just be looking at the awesome squares as there is so much goodness going on. Mind you I had to laugh, at first I thought it said Tim, so I was thinking Oh no she must have broken up with a loved one called Tim!!!!! lol I looked more closely and it's time lol. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

Keren Tamir said...

I love using words on my projects. Everything you make is beautiful.

chrissie said...

Lots of ways to use the stamps for sure and your examples are very inspiring.Love the vintage postcard Alison.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a wonderful set of stamps! I love how you've showcased them with your unique projects. The placement and textures are amazing!

Bärbel said...

Liebe Alison, die Platten sind wunderbar coloriert und gestaltet worden und machen mich schon sehr neugierig auf die neuen Stempel.
Liebe Grüße.

Janny Jager said...

Great sets of stamps Alison .
Love the things you made with them.

Greetings Janny

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous work, Alison. I am loving everything on the Paper Artsy blog lately, the guests, the videos, and the new products but I was also so pleased to see your name pop up and they are lucky to have you!

Lucy x