I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Thursday 14 February 2013

Artistic Stamper Guest Designer II

Hello everyone, and welcome, with an especially big welcome to the new followers.  You've climbed aboard at a very exciting time - there's crazy stuff going at the moment...  Keep your eyes peeled for big news right here at noon today (how's that for building suspense?!), but right now I'm here to let you know that my second piece as February's Guest Designer for The Artistic Stamper is now on display over at their blog.


I can only give you a sneak peek here at Words and Pictures, so I would love it if you had time to pop over there and see what I've been up to...  If you want to know what's inside the suitcase, you're just going to have to, I'm afraid!

The next few days will reveal why I've been a little bit sluggish getting round to visit you all (quite a lot on my craft desk at the moment), but as the dust settles I hope to be able to resume normal service.  We thank you for your patience at this time, and apologise for any inconvenience caused!

Happy Crafting (and hope maybe to see you again later today!)...

An artist is a creature driven by demons. He doesn't know why they choose him and he's usually too busy to wonder why.
William Faulkner

Happiness is a matter of one's most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self.
Iris Murdoch

And this one will make sense when you have visited the project!
Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart.  Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
C.G. Jung

And I hope they won't mind taking the extra click to reach it, but I'd like to enter this in the Tie It On Readers Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts this month.

20 comments:

Debi said...

:) popping over to see your creation in all it's glory, happy day Alison to you, Debi x

Debi said...

stunning!!!!

Netty said...

It is fabulous Alison, have just seen it over at Artistic Stamper, brilliant. xx

Caroline said...

Another wonderful creation!! You're a true inspiration!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...you never cease to amaze Alison, this piece is amazing a visual feast for the eye, great colours, design and dimension and a genious use of lolly sticks...love it...Melx :)

May said...

Fabulous creation Alison.. Popping over now... Hugs May x x x

toni said...

I'm having a little private guessing game with myself and will be popping back later! This little suitcase looks gorgeous can't wait to see more x,

chrissie said...

I just'popped' to have a look and there are some wonderful ideas with this piece. Sorry the tags made you sad but they are very beautiful.

Love the colours you have chosen.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

congrats on this... looks fantastic Alison!
Happy Valentines Day!

sam21ski said...

Loving what I'm seeing

Sam xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic Alison, love your use of lollipop sticks too. The case to house the tags is a wonderful idea. I love the colouring and blending and your use if the feminine images. Inspiring. Tracy x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous valise Alison, got to go look and see if your news is up.
Happy Valentine Day.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Redanne said...

Lovely sneak peak, off to have a proper look...... A x

Sue said...

Fabulous Alison, I love these colours together x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I've just taken a look - a great project.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous,Gorgeous,Gorgeous, thanks for sharing..

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Chris said...

Looks fantastic, off to have a look. X

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love this - so very cool! Just came from The Artistic Stamper - the mechanics of the suitcase are sensational, but the star is the series of tags. Love how you developed the story - the tags are just sensational. Magnificent piece of work, Alison!

Hugs,
Linda

2amscrapper said...

I'm intrigued and will be popping over to see the entire project. Helene (here from UPA)