I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 23 December 2015

The Twelfth Tag - To Wish You Peace And Joy





We're almost at the start of the 12 Days of Christmas and I'm here with the 12th Tim Holtz Tag for 2015, so I'm going to use it to wish you all a peaceful and joyous festive season, however you celebrate it (or not).


Season's Greetings to all my lovely followers - thank you so much for your company on this crafty journey.  Who knew, when I started this, that I would find so many kindred spirits around the world?  It's a joy.


But to the tag... I went off-piste colour-wise, but other than that it's pretty much according to the word of the master, so you can find all the how-to details by checking out his fabulous tag and tutorial.






Despite my recent foray into traditional reds and greens with my Christmas Story Book, I couldn't quite bring myself to go with red... so instead of spray ink, I used heavy gesso through my stencil for the background.

I have a couple of the punches, but I added in some of the Holiday Greens Thinlits to zhuzh up my wreath.










I chose quite soft bluish greens from amongst the Kraft-Core papers, and helped them along in places with some Evergreen Bough ink.  I added some Rock Candy Dry Glitter for a bit of sparkle, and also brushed on some white paint in the end for an even frostier look.

The wreath-building may be fiddly, but I think it's so worth the effort.  I've already had a play with one kind of door garland earlier in the festive season, so I resisted the temptation to build a door for this one to go on.









I actually ended up with my garland greenery going the wrong way, but once I'd started it was too late too stop!  I quite like the energy of it all springing upward, so I embraced the imperfection (and repositioned the bow to deal with it!).

And I'm embracing the imperfection of the glue gun cobwebs too - I think they're rather magical.









My bow is not red either, obviously, just a nice bit of white crinkle ribbon, with a white-washed snowflake to fasten it.













Rather than decorating with bells, I went all starry-eyed... little white-washed wooden ones amongst the greenery...














... as well as a few of the pewter Idea-ology Star Fasteners scattered around the surrounding burlap in place of the large star Tim used.














And I couldn't resist exchanging the Small Talk stickers for one of my beloved Word Bands, burnished for a slightly more silvery look.






So here are the rest of those 2015 tags all lined up.  Yes, I know it's a Baker's Dozen - that's because I created double trouble in January!  (If you want to revisit any of these posts, just click on the "Tim Holtz 12 Tags" label at the foot of the post just before the comments start, and they should all appear for you.) 





And finally we're here in December with the last of them.  What an incredible year of inspiration!  It's the first time I've managed to complete all the tags, and I can't tell you how much fun I've had with them.


I really hope that Tim will offer up some more of his 12 Tag creativity next year, even though I already know that I'll only be able to play catch-up with quite a few of them, owing to travelling for work.  But one of the other great joys is seeing what everyone playing along comes up with - so I'd still be able to enjoy it all that way.  Fingers crossed!

I'd like to enter this as my December tag in Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2015


Merry Christmas all!

Now I'm going to leave you in peace now to enjoy your Yuletide festivities.
I hope you find some time for the things that matter to you,
and that the season will be kind to us all.

As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.
Eric Sevaraid

54 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful tag to finish on. A very happy Christmas to you and yours. Here's to a creative 2016
Love
Amanda x

Helen said...

A fabulous tag to end the year. Happy Christmas to you and your family,Alison. Hope it brings you all you wish for. See you at a show somewhere soon I hope! Helen xx

Nikki Acton said...

Indeed this crafty world is a joy! Love your off piste colour choice and your other interpretations. Have lost my way with Tim tags this year... Something else to add to the 2016 intentions! May your Christmas be fun and your 2016 fabulous! Nikki xxx

chrissie said...

All very beautiful tags Alison and thank you for uaing the last one to wish us Peace and Joy.

The same is wished for you as well. Enjoying whatever you have planned.

Love Chrissie xx

Marci said...

Beautiful! I love the color palette you have used. I do not enjoy red and green very much. It is nice to see all your tags together, I will revisit them. The little stars are so pretty on your wreath and I like the frost, too.

Lys said...

I love this soft green and its touches of white. A wonderful harmony of tags this year, Alison! Enjoy these festive days!

Cocofolies said...

I love your version of Tim Holtz's tag to finish on Alison, really sweet and beautiful.
And a big WOW for the whole gallery of all your tags made this year!!!
Again, a very happy Christmas to you and yours and a wonderful creative new year for 2016!!!
Hugs, Coco xx

Margik said...

Hi Alison! Love your version of the December tag, it's very beautiful.
All of your tags are really wonderful!

Wishing you Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!
Hugs, Mar xx

A Pink said...

Love your version of Tims tag! Alison the colours of the wreath are fabulous - my kinda tones and the glue gun cobwebs a wonderful touch .
Great idea too to add a tag gallery at the end of your post - a delight to see all 13 together - everyone terrific !
Merry Christmas ! Alison Hope you have a lovely time and heres to a New Year full of good health and happiness for you.
hugs x

Redanne said...

Alison, your tag is a vision of beauty! Merry Christmas lovely lady and all the very best for 2016! Hugs, Anne xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is gorgeous Alison and all the tags are AMAZING together!
Wow!
Merry Christmas!
oxo
Susi

Nan G said...

Love your upside up wreath, Alison! I think it gives it more character and interest. Love those teeny tiny stars. Have a wonderful holiday. Hugs

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow what a feast for the eyes Alison, stunning array of tags.

A Happy Christmas to you and I hope you get loads of crafty goodies too ;)
Hugs
Donna xxx

sally said...

It's lovely to see all your tags together, this latest is one of my favourites though :-). Merry Christmas to you Alison & also to the family.

Sally

Unknown said...

Oh Congratulations Alison - ALL your tags are wonderful for 2015. You can definitely see YOU in them all. Your December one is wonderful - love the color and stars on the wreath. SEASON'S GREETINGS to you and yours too. j.

Cestina said...

Aha, those wonderful glue gun cobwebs! So they don't even need an attic round them to look great....

A beautiful series of tags xx

Jenny Marples said...

What a beautiful way to end the year Alison! This is such a delicate and wintery version (probably about as close to snow as we'll get!) and rounds up a splendid year of tags. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Jenny xxx

Paper Profusion said...

Fab tag Alison. Very best Christmas wishes to you. Nicola x

Corrie Herriman said...

Well done you, for doing all twelve... I gave up I'm afraid. Had loads of trouble in the beginning when I won and my prize didn't arrive and when it did after a few months had to pay a small fortune in import duties... It sort of spoilt it... I made 10 I think so not bad all in all... Merry Christmas Alison. I really enjoyed visiting your blog as I love all you make...
Corrie x

experiments in paper said...

What a dreamy tag, Alison! I really love the blue-greens you use here, with the white - fantabulous!! Thank you for all your visits and positive comments throughout this year, despite your busy schedule! And best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! xxx Lynn

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely version of Tim's Tag, Alison! The white embossing paste and ribbon is beautiful with your lovely greenery! Wishing you a blessed Christmas! Julia xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your tag is wonderful! Merry Christmas, hugs, Valerie

Jackie PN said...

Merry Christmas dear Alison!
so happy to share your creative adventure with you!
Jackie xo

Monika Gulyas said...

Great tag, Alison! With the gesso you created a beautiful background! The little stars are so cute on the wreath! Merry Christmas to you too!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Another amazing tag dear Alison, great gesso background, i love the christmas Wreath wit he little leaves n and the white bow!! You can be very proud about your twelf amazing tags you made during the year, perhaps I 'll try to do it next year too!!

Have a nice and pieceful Christmas evening and a happy, succesful , healty and creatif 2016!!

Greetings
Maria

Lisa Minckler said...

It's gorgeous and textually taunting! I'm so happy you've crossed over and accepted the magic of hot glue gun strings. Unbelievable display of all of them together. They are beautiful!! Merry Christmas to you again and let the merriment and festivities begin and then a nap!!!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Lisa Minckler said...

That was supposed to be texturally...crazy phone.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Alison, thanks for the visit to mine. These are gorgeous tags and I agree, hope Tim continues with this next year. I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Crafty New Year. Angela xXx

Kelly said...

What a Christmas treat to see all your gorgeous tags! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Years. Looking forward to your fabulous artistic creations all next year, you are truly a inspiration to me!
Hugs Kelly

Cinderella Moments said...

This tag is gorgeous! I love the tiny stars. It adds so much whimsy. I always love your blog and reading about which materials you use. Your design skills are out of this world extraordinary. Merry Christmas!
Big hugs,
Caroline

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Simply marvelous and gorgeous! I LOVE the white! Merry merry Christmas to you!

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a beautiful tag. I love the fresh green and white colour scheme. Wishing you a really lovely Christmas and New Year. Thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful work with us all and for your kind comments too. Lx

2amscrapper said...

These are beautiful tags! I love all your work, especially the previous two posts--that window is gorgeous. Merry Christmas! Helene

Rosie said...

Wowow, Alison. absolutely gorgeous tags.

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Anonymous said...

Yeya Alison what a beautiful December Tag! I love the white on the background. All your tags from this year are stunning! Merry Christmas to you and your family. All the best for 2016. Karen.x

craftytrog said...

Absolutely perfect!!!
Wishing you peace and joy Alison! xxx

Chris said...

A beautiful final tag Alison and I the colourway is exquisite! Have a very Merry Christmas! Chris x

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful tag to end on Alison.
Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New year
Avril xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful tag Alison! Love the gorgeous wreath! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Suzanne C said...

Alison this is so lovely and I love the white against the burlap. The white stars in your wreath are fabulous. Merry Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!! Happy & Blessed New Year!

Adventures in Paperland said...

Beautiful tag Alison and I love seeing all of your tags together in this post. Wonderful collection!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hope you are having a lovely day. xx

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh these colors are fabulous! Love seeing all your tags lined up too! Merry, merry Christmas!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Merry Christmas!! Love this take on Tim's tag. I think your wreath is lovely. I especially love all the stars ... So perfect with the color scheme you have here. And look at all of them together. Another amazing journey here at Words and Pictures. Heading back through your posts to see what you have been up to lately. Can't wait! -- ME

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Belated Merry Christmas Wishes To You Alison!
This is an extremely elegant tag and I so like when elegant is mixed with rustic.
Thank you for sharing the tags from the past 12 months.
Wishes
Lynne

sarascloset said...

I'm trying so hard to keep up with all your lovely work! So happy you posted all of your tags in one place! Each one is a beauty, and this month's is no exception! The white gesso to the white crinkle ribbon and the frosty greens, all of it just makes my heart flutter! So pretty and so festive! I could completely leave the red out of Christmas and be perfectly happy! I hope your Christmas day was as lovely as your beautiful tag! Big hugs!

cathylynn said...

Alison each and everyone of your tags are gorgeous! Love your December tag with the wreath and textures. Always so beautiful! Hope your Christmas was fabulous and also wishing you a Happy and Blessed New Year! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Kay Wallace said...

Love seeing your "Tim Tags" all together, Alison! December is just beautiful, as are the others. I hope to be able to follow along a bit more regularly in 2016.

Deb said...

What a beautiful and restful interpretation of Tim's December tag Alison, wonderful colour palette and your stars add the perfect touch of Christmas magic. And thank you for posting all of your 12 tags together, how wonderful to see your beautiful creations all in one place! Like you, I hope that Tim continues the 12 tags tradition as his creativity has inspired us all throughout the years. Thanks for sharing your lovely tag and hope that you and yours had a wonderful and joyous Christmas! Deb xo

pearshapedcrafting said...

A beautiful tag and great to see all of the tags together ! Chrisx

Kirsten said...

Such a beautiful tag! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

jenn shurkus said...

love love love how your tag tuned out! I love the colors and the stars.. and just everything :)

Unknown said...

Simply Gorgeous!!!

Mrs.B said...

Lovely tag Alison, without the added colour it takes on a very rustic look.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

Lovely tag Alison, without the added colour it takes on a very rustic look.
Avril xx