I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 7 December 2015

Wolcum to Calico

Hello all and welcome, or wolcum, if you prefer (you'll see what's up with that if you go hopping!).  I hope you've had a lovely weekend, and I'm so glad you enjoyed going Through The Square Window for another glimpse into my fevered creative process!

Today I'm sending you through the ether to the Calico Craft Parts blog... but only if you want to go of course and, rather than peeking through the window, this time we're knocking on the door!


I'm over there with another festive make, and for once I'm eschewing my customary Christmas neutrals or blues.  If you ever want to see me working with traditional red, green and gold then do hop over to Calico... this could well be your only chance!  Of course there's some rusty wire too, just to make me feel better.

For now I'll love you and leave you and wish you a wonderful week, whatever you're up to.

Symbolising eternal hope, the wreath goes round and round,
And where it starts or ends cannot be found.
Woven of things that grow - for life - and hung for holiday delight,
The wreath must be left in place from Advent through Twelfth Night.
Anonymous (who evidently wasn't very good at scansion or rhythm)

23 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooooh love how you've made your door, fabulous to hang your beautiful wreath on.
Love
Amanda x

Marci said...

What a wonderful door! And I learned something, too.

experiments in paper said...

Well, off I go - always interested in seeing your work, but especially off-palette, so to speak! Thank you again for taking the time to visit and comment - given your schedule, I am especially appreciative of your time and interest! xxx Lynn

Helen said...

Looks great Alison. such a shame you were busy yesterday, I am sure you'd have loved it!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - Wouldn't want to miss the chance of a lifetime ;oD I'm off to see you working wonders with red, green and gold. It's looking very festive. Lx

brenda said...

It looks super Alison and as you say different colours for you, looks like lovely dimension as well. Off to look at the full reveal.

B x

Meggymay said...

Well with the glimpse of these colours and fantastic project, I am off to have a better look.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

Never seen the 'words' before and I wondered what the meaning of a wreath at Christmas meant--thank you for that. Your wreath looks great so off to explore how it was made

Love Chrissie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Now that sounds promising, - off I go.....

Shirley said...

Amazing Alison you always cover so much detail with everything you do. Totally in awe of your colouring as well.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oh Alison, it's gorgeous but I love the way you made the door, I do have a thing about doors and will definitely use this idea to make one with.
Thank you also for your lovely comments on my blog, I really appreciate it ;)
Hugs
Donna xxx

Jackie PN said...

You are so festive Alison!!
I have to say, I do like your change up in colors- they suited you well! ")
A very welcoming hanger- so happy you have shared this!
xo Jackie

Pamellia said...

Yay, more Christmas! Off I go. hugs :)

Sandy said...

Oh do I have to go Allison!?! I just put in a good order with them yesterday.. Oh woe is me!!!! You do make good stuff and have such good ideas with excellent tutorials!
sandy xx

Dorthe said...

Lol, Alison, the same for me, never red/green, but I will go and see your only ones, :o , I have been away to see my daughter and grands ,so I`m behind with commenting !!
Hugs, Dorthe

rachel said...

ooo pretty - off to have a look! Hugs Rachel x

froebelsternchen said...

This is brilliant Alison! A wonderful little tag hanger! WOW!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous tag Alison, so much detail and the wreath looks amazing, such a work of art in itself.
Avril xx

Hettie said...

Honey I am home!!! Just come back from our few days in beautiful Praha!!! Unusually warm for this time of year!!
I love this door. Wish it was mine!!! Do you do it in real size please?
Hugs
xxx

Margik said...

Absolutely stunning tag and so different! Love the fabulous elements you used on it.
Mar xx

Maggie said...

Great Creation and in traditional colours wow! lol :)
MaggieH

Kay Wallace said...

Creative door, my friend. Loving the bold colors!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is a wonderful hanging! Chrisx