I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Tuesday 22 April 2014

It's a Wonderful Life



Hello all, thank you for all the lovely feedback on my PaperArtsy Summer Lantern - so much appreciated.

I've just a quick tag to share today - and it's one I made just for fun, playing with some of the new Tim Holtz stamps.

I particularly wanted to ink up this beautiful bird...  

Every other stamp in the set has had an outing (most of them in one go on my Tim Holtz March tags!), and I didn't want him to feel left out.

It's been pretty full on round here lately, but it seems I thrive on being busy.  The more I do, the more I do!  So I found myself fitting this in around other projects.

The blue green springtime look seems to have a firm hold of my creative imagination at the moment... and regulars will know I never miss a chance to include some meadow flowers and grasses!






The bird is stamped in Coffee Archival, and then I used a light wash of Nougat Fresco paint for his paler areas, where the blue sky was showing through otherwise.











In the background - Distress Inks and some Latticework stencilling mainly - I also inked up the Distress Damask flourishes for the first time.  

They add a touch of ornate detailing to the "sky".












The meadow grasses I mentioned are from the Spring Sprung set, a recent bargain buy, and looking set to become one of my most-used stamps very quickly!












The sentiment is - as is a bit of a habit round here - stamped in multiple colours and clear-embossed.  So when the sun catches it, the wonderful becomes even a little more wonderful!












I added a Muse Token - unaltered, so that the coppery tone would balance the bird swooping overhead.













And the whole thing is finished with my usual crinkle-ribbon and paper string combination.













There you go... short but - I hope - sweet.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  There's a busy week coming up here at Words and Pictures, so I'll leave you in peace for now!

Oh wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful, wonderful!  And yet again wonderful, and after that, out of all whooping!
Celia in As You Like It by William Shakespeare











Oh, sorry, almost forgot... just in case you missed it, there's another chance to catch up with my daring, dreamy tag over at Artistic Outpost today.

There's a whole lotta stuff coming up in the next few days here at Words and Pictures, so I'll see you again soon...




42 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A beautiful way to display this gorgeous bird stamp, I really get the feel of him swooping and diving over the fields, darting in and out of the bushes and grass grabbing bits and pieces to build a nest. Thank you for sharing some more Spring time which disappeared with the heavy rain here over the weekend. Xx

Tincan Crafter said...

Oh no, I am below Brenda - which is terrible because she always writes the most amazing comments! This is very soothing tag. I needed to see it because I had a high-octane day and needed to get myself in the right space to go to bed even though I am still buzzing on the productivity-day state I put myself in. I love your expert use of blues, greens and browns. I am guilty of not trying to work with them because they are cool colours and I am usually so loud and rude with my go-to palette preference and I dont have the confidence to pull of anything in that colour-scheme. You however manage to make these colours evoke a lively and yet calming state of affairs. This tag is just fantastic.

Nan G said...

A beautiful tag, butterfly. And a sentiment us perfectionists need to be reminded of more often.

froebelsternchen said...

Both tags are simply AMAZING made in your wonderful soft masterly style ... GORGEOUS dear Alison for inspiring us so much with your talent!

Helen said...

Gorgeous tags, dreamlike images. Have a good week.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this tag is so pretty again , I love it, I really love your colour use!!!it's a petty that you live so far otherwise I really would like a workshop with you, you are so talented!!!

Greetings
Maria

Anke said...

Oh Alison your tags are so wonderful, absolutely stunning.

Hugs
Anke

Nikki Acton said...

Another fab tag Alison. Colour combinations work so well and love the embossed, multicoloured sentiment. Nikki x

chrissie said...

Wonderful tag with the great Embossed quote.

The tie is terrific-simple idea but so beautiful.

Love Chrissie x

sally said...

Such a wonderful feeling to be swooping through fields & sky chasing after insects with the rest of the swallows!

Sally

rachel said...

so delicate and beautiful - what a gorgeous tag - I love the green and the grasses look wonderful - beautiful bird too! Big Hugs rachel xx

Redanne said...

They do say, if you want a job doing, ask a busy person..... I guess that's you! This tag is an absolute delight, the bird soaring at the top is beautiful and I love the way he is flying over the soft meadow below...... wonderful! Off to see the other one now. Anne xx

May said...

Beautiful tag Alison, Love the images the bird is wonderful...I adore the colours.. Hugs May x x

Cocofolies said...

I also love this tag, the bird and the grasses from the different stamp sets you used, they are fantastic indeed, and so perfect in your hands Alison, sincerely. LOVE also your tag for the Artistic Outpost today, absolutely gorgeous. Hope you will practice your French when back to home lol. :D Hugs, Coco xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Stunning tag Alison,love that meadow grasses stamp,just pulls everything today. You have a wonderful eye for colours too.
Donna. X

Anonymous said...

There is such movement in that bird, life and energy. There is also an elegance to this bird. I like the Sepia against that gorgeous blue of the tag.
Very beautiful indeed.
Wishes
Lynne

craftytrog said...

Your tag is beautiful Alison!
It's always good to find time to make things for fun. :o)
Alison xxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So true! Gorgeous tag!

cathylynn said...

A fabulous combination of stamps and colors. Another gorgeous tag!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Krisha said...

Stunning tag with a wonderful sentiment.
You are the QUEEN of TAGS!!

Netty said...

Beautiful tag Alison and have just seen your amazing light. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Gio said...

A simple tag? Not for me, for sure, it's so layered and full of details, so beautiful! Bravissima, as always, Alison!

Meggymay said...

A beautiful tag, the bird stamp looks lovely.
Yvonne

Heather said...

Hi Alison, snap - live has been got the better of me also just recently!! A gorgeous tag, beautiful stamping and colours background. Your bird is stunning and highlights just brought it to life beautifully!!

hugs
Heather xx

Hettie said...

Gorgeous Alison. Gorgeous. Love the colours and that bird is wonderful.
Hugs
xx

Unknown said...

Love how you mix the colors when you stamped the sentiment. A gorgeous tag Alison and I love that sweet bird. Hope you are having fun! Off to visit your AO post. :) xx

scrappymo! said...

This is a beauty. That little bird looks the kind that swoops and darts about the meadows. A perfect bird for your tag.

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous tag Alison, the little bird looks wonderful.

Astrid Maclean said...

Lovely tag Alison and great use of that bird!

Dorthe said...

A wonderful tag, dearAlison, I love the qoute, and the bird flying on topwith the lovely bow.
xoxo, Dorthe

Evelyn Walter said...

This is so light and lovely, wonderful, dear Alison. The coin lifts it up and I love the bird stamp.
xxx Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! xx

massofhair said...

Stunning Tag Alison:-) xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Such a pretty tag. I love your use of meadow greens, your work just begs for them to be included. I also like your embossed greetings, so neat!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's another wonderful tag, love curled string.

Sandy said...

I do love this tag Alison and it is very timely. With the sudden and unexpected death of a dear friend, I do value the moments.
Sandy xx

Sue said...

Great first outing for the bird Alison. You've used a brilliant combination of stamps and I love your delicate stencilling xx

Kasia said...

I just love all your tags, Alison! Amazing background and details :)

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Alison, this tag is just AMAZING the bird rally looks like it flying over the meadow, and it has all mt favorite things in it superb work as always my dear, thanks for sharing...

Kate Yetter said...

A beautiful tag! I love the grass at the bottom and the bird.

Marjie Kemper said...

I bet that 'wonderful' word is amazing with the different inks. A beautiful tag. I'm impressed with all the cross-linking, too.... you do it very well, and help those of us who get far behind and miss a post here or there to see and click right over.... brilliant!

Kezzy said...

Wow I really love this gorgeous tag, the background is awesome, I love how you always layer lots on your background to give depth but it never looks cluttered. Im still definitely on the learning stage lol as I never know when to stop. I love the swooping bird above the grasses, stunning. Kezzy :-) xxx