I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 14 November 2021

Monarchs of the Ice

Hello all!  I'd like to invite you to go hopping over to the PaperArtsy blog where I've been busy playing with the current Stamp Mash Up theme.  This fortnight we've all been combining stamps by Lynne Perrella, Ellen Vargo, Gwen Lafleur and me, Alison Bomber!  Here's a sneak peek of what I came up with... may I introduce you to the Monarchs of the Ice?

You can see stamps from all the designers in the mash-up except me in this sneak peek... To find the words, you'll just have to hop over to PaperArtsy.

Of course, there are also lots more photos and plenty of information about the making-of process - it wasn't all smooth skating! - as well as some more close-up angles.  And it's really worth having a scroll around while you're there to see the different projects this combination of designers' stamps has inspired.  There are even a couple more to come after this one.  

In any case, I hope you enjoy your visit to the sparkling kingdom of ice shards and snowflakes, and that it inspires you to combine your stamps in new ways too.

Thanks so much for stopping (and for hopping), and I'll see you again soon... or not, given that my laptop may be about to die on me as I write this - which is a week before you're reading it.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!  Either way, happy crafting all!

It is the life of the crystal, the architect of the flake, the fire of the frost, the soul of the sunbeam. This crisp winter air is full of it.
John Burroughs

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a great way to get the most out of your stamps! Stunning the way these were all put together, Alison.

bkazoo said...

Wow. I just had to lean back and take a breath. This is stunning and I REALLY appreciate the photos and explanations on the paperartsy site. You are so inspiring. Thank you

Words and Pictures said...

So happy you enjoyed it... thank you for the comments here and there! Ax

Words and Pictures said...

Thank you.

Words and Pictures said...

Thank you.

ginag said...

So anxious to see the blog this morning, will pop over! Love the quote above, Alison thank you for adding beauty to our lives in all forms😚

Marci said...

Such a beautiful make! I loved reading how you did it.

Craftyfield said...

Sounds fabulous Alison! After that build-up I have to hop forthwith to the PA blog...

Diana Taylor said...

A stunning piece of work Alison, I love the theme and I love seeing how you made it. It's beautiful and magical.
Diana xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow, gorgeous art piece.

Cocofolies said...

Fabulous Christmas make Alison!!!! Every element pops beautifully, and your words stamps are just perfect for the finishing touch, to give sense to it.
Hugs, Coco xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

Enchantingly gorgeous. This elegant and unabashedly regal couple reminds me of Russia's last czar and czarina.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life