I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 14 July 2019

Memories of the Future

Hello all, and happy Sunday!  I'm back with the details of the second and third of my tag trio of samples using Seth Apter's brand new Mini stamps for PaperArtsy.  The fabulous little stamps are perfect for adding detail and texture to your backgrounds.


This pair, very much a pair, are made in a very similar way to the first one (a slight odd one out in the trio, though very harmonious), but these have an extra gleam of glamour amidst the grunginess.





Again there are Distress Inks and Oxides smooshed onto the tags to start with, and then for the tag with "future boy" I stamped EM41 randomly in Acorn Archival ink.

I was just rolling the tag on in partial stampings rather than a full-on flat-out print.












I stamped again quite randomly, but this time with embossing ink and added some of my much loved Liquid Platinum embossing powder from Ranger.

I love this stuff, as well as this stamp... 













You can see the fabulously grungy, distressed look of those tiny textural cubes, even in the embossed version.














The topping is pretty minimal so as not to cover up too much of the background.  As with the first tag, I went for one of the Idea-ology Photobooth photos...















... and layered it up over some rusty mesh and torn book text, with a little metal cog added for fun.












The one-word sticker is again from Finnabair's Art Daily book of phrases and words.  I hope he's got a bright future.













For "memory woman", it's pretty much the same again, except this time using EM 47.  

I just love these cool brick-like wedge shapes.  They provide an almost architectural feature against the random inky splotches underneath.














Again, some are stamped in Acorn, and some in embossing ink with Liquid Platinum powder applied.











Just look at that soft golden glimmer when the light catches it!















The Photobooth photo is layered up over the same simple ingredients, held together with an Idea-ology mini paper-clip.
















I do love this rusty mesh, especially when you tweak the edges for a nice ragged look!













And again the word sticker has had a little smoosh of Antique Linen Distress Stain to warm up the colour tone.








I hope you've enjoyed seeing these tags even half as much as I enjoyed making them.







It's really nice for me to have a record of them here, as they've now gone off to grace the PaperArtsy show display boards.








There are some more samples coming your way soon, but for now I'll love you and leave you with wishes for a wonderful Sunday and a great week to come.  Happy crafting all!

Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
L. M. Montgomery

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Eleanor Roosevelt

32 comments:

Helen said...

I love these tags, they look gorgeous with loads of texture and your soft subtle colour palette.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Once again I love the textures and colours! Stunning tags and simply brilliant creating! xx

Craftyfield said...

I can see how these new stamps are going to be useful for your backgrounds... Gorgeous tags, Alison! x

Amanda said...

Love both of these, you’ve created stunning backgrounds with Seth’s stamps to create a fabulous duo
Love
Amanda x

Astrid Maclean said...

Lovely tags, both of them and great way to use those photos!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous tags the photo of the lady reminds me of my mum xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tags, wonderful colours. Love the backgrounds. Have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What can I say that others haven't already said? I like how you used the stamps for straight stamping in some areas, and then added embossing to some areas. STILL love the mesh, too.

Marci said...

I really like that subtle glimmer of the embossing powder.

Gio said...

These are so fabulous, Alison!! Gorgeous background and design .Love these.

Have a happy Sunday :-)

experiments in paper said...

Wonderful showcase of the versatility of these amazing stamps.... I lingered a long while admiring the depth of your backgrounds with the building of color and the dimension of that beautiful embossing. Stunning, and indeed graceful - wish I could see them in person! xxx Lynn

suzyb said...

Really nice tags. The backgrounds are spectacular, and sometimes less things to cover it up the better. Amazing job Alison :)

Sue said...

Wow these are fabulous, I love the rusty feel and the mesh, and these new stamps are wonderful. Have a very happy week, Sue x

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome tags, Alison!

Redanne said...

Another beautiful set of tags Alison, I do love the mix of the platinum sheen on the embossing and the rustiness of the mesh - a wonderful combination. Great choice of pictures too. Anne xx

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for sharing the other tags with us Alison....Stunning, unique and love the glimmer from the gold....Stunning as always x

My name is Erika. said...

I love the worn metallic/grunge backgrounds Alison. These are cool tags! Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

sally said...

Delish!

Sally xx

hazel said...

Wonderful tags, lots of lovely textures and I love the colours.
xxx Hazel.

Paper Profusion said...

Superb tags and backgrounds Alison with incredible layering effects. Nicola x

Neet said...

I love those brick shaped wedges, and they look ever so eye-catching when embossed and showcased against those blue splodges. Love all the additional bits and pieces you used, the mesh the torn book-paper, the words - it all marries perfectly and is a fest for the eyes.
Hugs, Neet xx
Love the splatters of white just edging the photos in the bottom corners. They just give a kind of 'lift' to the whole tag in each case.xx

Annie said...

Your tags are stunning Alison and I adore the stamped details, which really add to the depth of the backgrounds. Perfect adornments and words as always x
TFS and sending my best wishes your way
Annie xx

Cocofolies said...

Two wonderful tags Alison! I love all the details as usual, they look great.
I will look at these new mini stamps from Seth Apter... didn't see them so far, I miss time sadly to do a lot of things as I'd love to.
I hope you have a lovely summer my dear Alison.
Hugs, Corinne xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous!!! xx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Alison,
These tags truly showcase your artistic talent and creativity. How wonderful! And how fun! it must have been to experiment and create with these dif. mediums~ All the textures, and vintage colors & style are perfect. So beautifully done~ TFS and have a nice week-end karen o

Dorthe said...

I love seeing these two up close, Alison, so much wonderful texture, from the embossed areas, and the platinum powder makes such a special surface , with the shimmer, on top of blue brown grungy stamped background .
They are even more beautiful, than first seen !!
Hugs, Dorthe

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous tags! I always enjoy seeing the process you follow and the layers that you create - perfect and so inspirational 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing textures and so much wonderful detail - your style is so unique - I am absolutely in love with your art always !
Susi xx

ginag said...

Alison, you never cease to amaze me with your continual inspiration! Love that you so kindly share your techniques and tutorials. Blue ribbon winners one and all!
Best, Gina G

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how theses fabulous tags came together! Super layers and textures! Hugs, Chrisx

sarascloset said...

Yes! Even more beauty here! Your backgrounds always wow me,and these with the LP embossing up the wow factor! That powder is a favorite of mine, too. Gorgeous tags, Alison; I bet it was hard to part with these!

Seth said...

Gorgeous grunge as only you can do!