I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 15 June 2013

Getting that vintage look...


Hello everyone, and welcome to the first of two posts today.  I'll be back soon with my DT contribution to this month's Our Creative Corner challenge (now here), but first I'm thrilled to be back as a Guest Designer for Calico Crafts this month.  

I was lucky enough to be asked back after my February stint, and the first of my two GDT pieces for June is on the Calico Crafts blog today.

There's a little sneak peek here, but it would be lovely if you have the time to hop over and take a look at the full make.  I'd love to know what you think.

Thank you, as always, for your fantastic support, and I hope I'll see you again later today!

Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(I'm hoping I've earned my welcome with this piece...)

UPDATE - the Calico Crafts blog has closed (though there is the fabulous new blog for Calico Craft Parts to enjoy), but you can see the whole of this project here at Words and Pictures.

22 comments:

May said...

Just been over Alison... AmAzing work... Love those tags..Hugs May x x x

Keren Tamir said...

stunning tags Alison!! love how you make tags. I just recently made a couple which will be coming up on my blog in a couple of weeks.

Redanne said...

A stunning piece of work and I think you deserve your welcome with this piece - most definitely. So glad you made it into a hanging because it so deserves to be seen! Hugs, Anne x

Helen said...

Will go and have a proper look at the full piece in a sec, but this looks fabulous!! Have a great weekend.

chrissie said...

I'm sure you would be welcome anywhere Alison :)

Just hopped over to see the whole piece and it is terrific. Can't believe how you have made simple 'ingredients' into such a wonderful 'cake' lol

Have a lovely weekend

Chrissie xx

Ana K. said...

I am back from CCB just to say I love this creation...you reach great vintage feeling!!

Deborah said...

Love Kaisercraft stamps and you've done fabulous things with them.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gorgeous vintage make Alison! The selection of stamps is really wonderful :) xxx

Tincan Crafter said...

Congratulations Alison and I love these two pieces. As always - your work is simply beautiful!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Off to see the whole gamut, but this looks fantabulous!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Just been over to CC and what a fabulous project - love the way you have displayed the tags. Jennie x

craftimamma said...

Looks like another not to be missed piece of inspiration from you Alison. Off for a look at the whole piece shortly.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Looks interesting, so off now to take a full look....

Paper Profusion said...

Very beautiful Alison - I LOVE the complete artpiece. You do vintage to perfection. Kaisercraft should see this! No wonder CC asked you back! Nicola x

Anonymous said...

Love this Alison! Beautiful design as usual ! Sue C x

Hettie said...

Wow Alison
Love this!!
xx

Chris said...

Oh it looks beautiful Alison.....off to have a closer look! Chris xx

Chris said...

Sorry, I wasn't able to comment on the Wordpress blog Alison but your project is fabulous. Chris x

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have an opinion ;)
I also love that vinatge look, and the idea with the canvas is great!!

LG siljan

Netty said...

Looks fabulous Alison, am off to see, Annette x

cathylynn said...

I would ay that you created another beauty! I love it!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Margaret said...

Just went to take a peek, and oh my, is this gorgeous?! I love that you chose to keep all of the tags together on a canvas! Your vintage buttons are wonderful!