I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 31 October 2021

Inktober Week 4

Hello all!   We've reached the end of Inktober, and my final tally was 28 out of 31 days.  Having lost two days (see last week's post for why), I decided 29 was a silly number, so I knocked off one more day to make it 28.  That makes four sets of seven - perfect to divide into weekly posts and/or to combine into perhaps a little "zine" at some point for sale.  So here's your final set 22 - 28...

Day 22


Day 23


Day 24


Day 25


Day 26


Day 27


Day 28

As always, I'm going to share a few process photos with you (you can click for them to be larger).  My main challenge to myself this year was to improve my drawing skills, and become more confident in them, and I'm pretty happy with how that's gone.  And also the learning curve on using darks in a braver way has been a good one.






And here's a screenshot of the complete set in my Photos app - the only way to get them all on the page at once, I think!  Do you see what I mean about 28 being a better number than 29?

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments over the month - every single one is very much appreciated.  Despite the increasing confidence, it's still a little miracle to me when one of these drawings and paintings appears on the page in front of me.  I never thought I would be able to do anything like this.  Just goes to show what a little (or a lot!) of practice can do!

Hope you have a spooky but not too terrifying Halloween.  My scariest thing is that I have to come back from the relative safety of the Czech Republic to the horrifying infection rates of the UK this week for some work.  Masks at the ready...

I plan to be back on the blog soon to share the accordion album I've been creating for the season... lots of creepy stories to enjoy by the fireside over the winter months ahead.  Stay safe and happy crafting all.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

...and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?
Vincent van Gogh

16 comments:

Cestina said...

Oh I love them all laid out side by side. A postcard of exactly that would be delightful....

I also see a set of bookmarks. What a shame I barely use them anymore now that Kindle rules my world. xx

Nan G said...

Fabulous drawings Alison! A very successful Inktober I’d say. Hope the trip goes well and you’re home quickly and safely. Hugs

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous artwork.

Lys said...

What a wonderful tribute to the season, Alison! I admire your skills, each of them is a delight.

Helen said...

great drawings, and yes, 28 is a nice neat number for a group lineup!! safe travels.

Anke said...

WOW Alison your drawings are so beautiful, I love them all.

Hugs
Anke

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such stunning artwork! I love how you've captured autumn on each piece, so life-like - amazing 😀. Stay safe on your travels and Happy Halloween! Hugs Jo x

Marci said...

My favorite of today’s new ones is the first one. They are all beautiful, though.

Kerstin F. said...

I admire all your beautiful nature drawings and paintings, you have the right eye for all the small, but fine details, that can be discovered in nature.

Cocofolies said...

All weeks totally fabulous. Really AMAZING work, I'm in awe (and jealous!!)... Would love seeing this closer. You're a wonderful watercolorist now (and drawer too in my opinion), BRAVO Alison c'est vraiment magnifique... !!!!
Hugs, Corinne xx

sally said...

Always a delight to see your watercolour pieces! No doubt the new location will be inspiring and we will be seeing different plants appear here to thrill us.

Sally xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous to see all your amazing creativity together Alison and stay safe whilst in the UK x.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Where have I been, nearly missed all these gorgeous pieces of art. Loving them. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

Craftyfield said...

This collection is impressive, it's watercolour at its best! A talent to be nurtured...
Hope you have safe journey to Blighty. x

Etsuko said...

These drawings are absolutely beautiful Alison!! Great composition and lively colours, very impressive! xxx

Neet said...

For some reason I have been missing all of these beautiful works of art of yours. Alison, you have painted the most beautiful pictures - each and everyone of them, it would be difficult to choose a favourite.
Hugs, Neet xx