I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 23 October 2021

Inktober Week 3

Hello again all.  I hope you're all doing well.  It's taken me a bit longer than seven days to collect the next seven paintings.

I took a deliberate day off from Inktober halfway through the month (it was starting to feel a bit of a chore and I wanted to release that pressure valve).  Then on Thursday I took delivery of a van load of boxes/furniture from the UK which meant I couldn't settle to anything while I was waiting for it to arrive, obviously couldn't do anything while we were unloading, spent some time doing a bit of sorting, and then the light had gone a bit too far, so I gave myself that day off too!

Long story short, at day 23 I finally have 15 - 21 to share with you, so I should really stop calling them "day x" and call them "painting x", I suppose...

Painting 15

Painting 16

Painting 17

Painting 18

Painting 19

Painting 20

Painting 21

I know which are my favourites... I wonder whether they're the same as yours...?!  As usual, here are a couple of process photos to give you an idea of what goes on along the way.  





I'm continuing to enjoy getting some proper darks in for contrast and depth, but I'm still struggling not to overwork things in the final stages... sometimes I remember to stop in time, sometimes not!  Onwards and upwards (hopefully)...

I promise to try to do some catching up with non-watercolour projects soon - there are plenty waiting in the wings, since I've been so neglectful of the blog.  And I'll also aim to do some proper catching up around Craftyblogland with those of you who don't do (shhh, whisper it) Instagram.  Hope you're all enjoying a lovely weekend and see you soon.

Practice what you know, and it will help to make clear what now you do not know.
Rembrandt

Creativity is the brain's invisible muscle -- that when used and exercised routinely -- becomes better and stronger.
Ashley Ormon

9 comments:

Nan G said...

Alison, your drawings are beautiful. It’s a delight to watch you progress from when you first started, I think I might have to get back on (IG) ssshhh I didn’t say it. ;) Take care. Sending hugs your way, Nan

Helen said...

Great to see some more Alison Art!! the leaves are my favourite (having just blogged today at Kew!) but day 18 is stunning - they are all amazing though. Glad you've got some more boxes delivered and unpacked! Take care xx

Christine Alexander said...

such skillful water colour drawings. Love all of them ♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sp glad to see you painting again. These are stunning. You have a great command of watercolors. My favorites are 15, 19, and 21.

Gloria S said...

You are so Very talented. I Always enJOY your posts. These paintings are Beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous Alison.

Mac Mable said...

What a joy Alison to see your creativity.....Thank you for sharing your amazing art x. 17 and 21 for me but of course they are all beautiful x.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

It's an incredible achievement in any case! You took on a huge challenge by committing to do one of these masterpieces each day! I honestly don't know how you do it and I'm in awe of your talents! Nice to see all of them together.

Neet said...

The leaves 19 and 21 - when did you come into my garden and pick them? Alison, you have painted these so realistically it is hard to believe they are not taken from somewhere and put on paper. The pictures all of them - beautiful.
Hugs, Neet xx