I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 15 October 2021

Inktober Week 2

Hello all!  I'm dropping in for another Inktober update.  The last seven days have had their ups and downs, but I've managed to keep up the daily practice.  It's been a battle some days, and others the pen and paint have definitely been flowing with more ease.  See what you think...

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14


And once again, since the point of Inktober is really the drawing, here are a couple of process photos so you can see how they start out...



 

I continue to learn huge amounts as I go.  I think the drawings themselves are getting better (last year I was very dependent on the watercolours to rescue me from rather inadequate drawing skills), and I'm really starting to understand the value of proper darks.  

I hope you're all doing okay and are getting to enjoy some autumn sunshine.  It's pretty glorious here in the Czech Republic most days, and the leaves are just starting to turn from green to gold to red.




There's the odd grey day in between, but really not many of them.  It's chilly now though, and I'm starting to prepare the garden for what's forecast to be a long hard winter.  Stay safe, stay well, and I'll see you all again soon.

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
Elizabeth Lawrence

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
From Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love love love your drawings. If I had to choose a favourite, it would be the leaf. Beautiful pieces Alison! Glad you are liking your new place. Be safe!

Cestina said...

Love them all, can't choose. Where did you find the Penny Bun? I hope in our garden! Or possibly on the bookshelf ;-)
xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

They are all wonderful, but I think I liked Day 12 with those dried/dying leaves best.

Kat said...

They look like photos, so realistic, the leaves are my fav. too. Esp. Since we know they will be gone soon.
Kathryn from Minnesota in the U.?s.

Nan G said...

Wow! Yes your drawing has improved tremendously. They’re stunning Alison absolutely stunning. Hugs

Cestina said...

Ah yes, I meant to say that about your drawing too xx

Marci said...

All of them are beautiful! Your drawing has improved from last year and it was good back then.

My name is Erika. said...

More fabulous drawings Alison. I especially love those dead and torn leaves hanging off the branch. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

Diana Taylor said...

Wow and double Wow - these are stunning Alison. Your painting has always been beautiful and accomplished and these are all stunning works of art. I took a double take at the leaf, I thought it was a photo and needed quite a close look to make sure it wasn't a real one!
Have a lovely weekend,
Diana xx

Theresa said...

wow is all I can say. If I could draw like that I don't know that I would ever stop. you have an amazing body of work so far. happy to see your progress through the month. thanks as always for sharing.

Christine Alexander said...

I'm always in awe of your inktober watercolours ♥

Mac Mable said...

What a delightful post and loved scrolling through it Alison. Such creativity and extra loving day 9 but of course loving them all. Thanks for sharing x.

Craftyfield said...

The rendering is just fabulous, Alison! Practice makes perfect, of course, but natural talent helps! Things should be pretty good here but I am suffering (unexpectedly I might add) with empty nest syndrome. Oh well I might get an extended craft room out of it...
x

Neet said...

Just beautiful. You have captured all of these so realistically and your use of light and shade is perfect.
Hugs, Neet xx

lakesuperiorwaves said...

So beautiful and inspiring!