I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 17 January 2020

Weathered, aged and generally worn out!




Hello all!  I won't keep you here at Words and Pictures for long.  This is just a reminder that today's the day I'm sharing some of the techniques I used to create my aged parchment tags for this month's Vintage Journey challenge theme, We're All Getting Older!  I'm looking for projects using techniques and products to make something new look old... weathered, aged, antiqued and worn.

If you hop over to A Vintage Journey, you'll find how-to details and step-out photos guiding you through my parchment process (or if you missed them, and just want to look at pretty close-ups of the finished tags, then visit Parchment and Pressed Flowers right here at Words and Pictures).  I hope you'll be inspired to come and join in with the challenge this month by making something look older too.

Thanks for stopping and hopping, and I'll see you again soon.  In fact, if you come back tomorrow, you'll find another project with lots more ageing, weathering and distressing going on!

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw


14 comments:

Helen said...

just been reading the post! great step by steps as always. thanks for sharing

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful post, love what you made. Great theme. Hugs, Valerie

Margaret Mifsud said...

Loved the post at AVJ Alison and thoroughly enjoyed seeing these stunning tags come together. Thank you for sharing your techniques. hugs xx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hello Alison (I've been MIA for awhile) This looks so intriguing I must stop over to VJC and take a look! Hugs to you, karen o

Redanne said...

Beautiful tags and wonderful tutorial Alison. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Anne xx

Margaret said...

Another wonderful tutorial and your tags are gorgeous! You did an amazing job aging those tags, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who misplaces things! I have always wanted to play with tea or coffee on paper. I might have to add that to my 'to do' list!

aussie aNNie said...

wow absolutely beautiful tag, I love all the cracked pieces here and that rusting chicken wire...love it and once again you have totally inspired me leaving me wanting to play with my goodies..x

craftytrog said...

A beautiful trio of tags Alison!

Sue said...

Always good to see these again, and thanks for the reminder Allison, I'm all linked up now! xx

den lille lade said...

They are amazing tags, with your way of aging them ,giving them that worn look , you master so beautifully . Your tutorial also so wonderful photographed Alison. Hugs, Dorthe

Neet said...

This looks good - off to peek.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh what fun. Just left AVJ -- great tutorial. I love Distress Oxides ... they never cease to amaze me. --ME

Marci said...

These tags are beautiful!

sarascloset said...

Yep, looks like I missed this one. Off to have a look at the details!