I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 23 August 2019

Overnight, very whitely, discreetly, very quietly...

... something's been making its way up through the earth over at PaperArtsy... something that smells quite different from the lavender on my rusted ATC earlier this week.  Anyone who recognises the words in the title (or who already knows what the PaperArtsy theme is this fortnight) will have an idea, and this sneak peek will give you another clue...


If you want to find out what on earth is going on, then you'll need to hop over to PaperArtsy to see exactly what's been sprouting overnight.  Thanks for stopping, and for hopping.  I'm squeezing in a couple of bits of art journalling over this weekend, so I'll hope to see you again soon!  

Overnight, very
Whitely, discreetly,
Very quietly

Our toes, our noses
Take hold of the loam,
Acquire the air.
From Mushrooms by Sylvia Plath

If you don't mind hopping to see the full page, I'd love to join in at Try It On Tuesday where they have the lovely theme of In my garden there is... a fairy ring of mushrooms, of course

20 comments:

Helen said...

love this Alison!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your beautiful mushrooms and the wonderful words to accomplish your creation. Have a good weekend, Alison. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

you've caught my interest. The sneak peek looks fabulous! Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how each mushroom was colored and decorated a bit differently. I think a summer meadow worked even better than autumn would have. I think the pale lavender was perfect, and the text background was a perfect substrate. This was a truly lovely spread. I was SO impressed with your stamped words, too. That always scares me if I have to form a word with letters. Super job and wonderful use of those stamps.

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, that's wonderful Alison. Thank you beyond belief for joining us at TioT with your amazing art.
Susi xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fabulous pages! Such wonderful stamps, I love your field of mushrooms and the words that you chose, as always, are perfect 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully delicate spread, Alison, with some of my favourite things - shrooms! I love them all, every single shape, colour and size, and used to go out specifically to photograph them. No matter how outlandish our depictions of them, they probably exist in real life ;-) Love the text background and the delicate colour and wording. They may sometimes be unobtrusive, but they are SO varied.
Thank you for playing in our 'In My Garden...' challenge at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

Meggymay said...

Thank you for linking this piece with us at Try it on Tuesdays Alison, it looks awesome and I am going back now to have another look at the PA post.
Yvonne xx

Cestina said...

Love it, love it, love it...xx

experiments in paper said...

Lovely and clever take on this theme.... I adore the idea of a fairy ring, and you've quite conveyed that! xxx Lynn

Sue said...

Oh I love your mushrooms Alison, and of course the words fit just perfectly. I must agree I'm not ready to give up on Summer yet either. Have a very happy weekend, Sue x

Craftyfield said...

Glad you kept the summery colours, I'm sad just thinking about the end of summer! I love the background you created, a beautiful page, Alison.

Redanne said...

I have been over to see your wonderful layout, it is so beautiful! I love how you turned the flowers into mushrooms and the background you created definitely reminds me of a slightly misty and dewy late summer morning. Superb! Anne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I didn't know that poem but did recognise what it was about! Oh! and we used to grow Mushrooms and that is exactly it!! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry! How rude of me not to say Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday with your lovely calm garden! Chrisxx

Marci said...

They are lovely.

Rosie said...

Just wonderful, Alison

Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

Mrs.B said...

Just had a closer look over at PA, a really beautiful serene journal spread and it makes a lovely change seeing mushrooms not in autumnal colours.
Thank you for linking this to our In the Garden challenge at TioT.
Avril xx

Joan said...

A lovely journal page, love the colours and the verse


Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday challenge

joan

A Pink said...

A beautiful journo spread , Alison. You have captured the essence of a misty summer morning mushroom meadow wonderfully .

Hugs x