I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 17 August 2018

Engraved Enamel at PaperArtsy

Hello all!  Just a quick sneak peek from me here today to tempt you over to the PaperArtsy blog where I've been playing with Seth Apter's Baked Texture embossing powders for this fortnight's theme.


I couldn't resist experimenting with my Eclectica EAB quote stamps to see whether I could get an engraved enamel effect, stamping into the powders.  Do hop over to PaperArtsy to see the results.  I'm rather pleased with them, though I do say so myself!

It's nice to be back by the river Avon in Stratford as I am for a few weeks, but the theatre working day doesn't leave much time to enjoy it, sadly, and I'm definitely missing my craft table.  Ah well... soon, soon!!  Hope you're all enjoying a lovely August.

You will have to experiment and try things out for yourself and you will not be sure of what you are doing. That's all right, you are feeling your way into the thing.
Emily Carr


21 comments:

Redanne said...

Alison, your plaques look incredible, the stamping is so perfect in the embossing powder, I love them! Sorry, I was unable to leave a message over on the PA site. Anne xx

Meggymay said...

I've just seen the plaques, they look fabulous Alison.
Yvonne xx

Amanda said...

Brilliant, I need to try this
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

These have turned out fabulous Alison, as I mentioned over on the PA blog I was talking about this very process and the wonders of rubber stamping into UTEE only yesterday to a friend. You will find so many uses for those plaques, you have a very steady hand as your impressions are word perfect.
Creative hugs & Wishes Tracey xx

Jane said...

Alison I saw these over at PaperArtsy..thye are so brilliant. Perfect enamel plaques. I have lots of Seth's powders and hope to have a play with this brilliant technique. Have a lovely weekend, hugs xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Looks wonderful from here, so off for a closer look....

Cestina said...

My my what a very useful process in your skilled hands...xx

Dorthe said...

So beautiful, with the stamped texts , I will surely have a look.
Hugs, Dorthe

Craftyfield said...

Just came back from the PA blog, I love your plaques! Something to try when I lay my hands on Seth's powders after the holidays...

Lys said...

Brilliant! Lovely marriage between these powders and your quote stamps.

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh my! Love what I'm seeing here !!! Can't wait to hop over and see the details! -- ME

Mary Elizabeth said...

How incredible! Love the deep color on the multi-layer vintage beeswax. I must get some of those powders. What an incredible technique. Brilliant!!!!! Hope all is going well with the production. Hugs -- ME

A Pink said...

Absolutely adore your BT embossed plaques , Alison. Thanks for sharing and inspiring . x

craftytrog said...

Very cool! xx

Mrs.B said...

These little plaques look fabulous, and I'm sure you will find lots of uses for them.
Avril xx

froebelsternchen said...

I love your amazing plaques!!! Unique!

Sue said...

These looks fabulous Alison, I love stamping into embossing powders. Have a very happy (even if busy) week, Sue xx

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - these look like wonderfully insightful little pebbles! Off to see ... Nicola x

pearshapedcrafting said...

They do look fabulous Allison! I still have to get my hands on the Baked Textures! Chrisx
ps pleased to have had a chance to catch up!!

Cocofolies said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and genius, one more brilliant project!!!! xxx

Jackie PNeal said...

Alison, I was over at PA and I have to tell you how gorgeous these are! Your stamps are perfect for these powders and this technique!
You are so creative!
Sending hugs,Jackie xx