I'll be fairly quick today (I hope)... we're photo-heavy but not too wordy. I've some sets of ATCs and a tag to share with you. As well as launching the Perrella sets, Leandra was also after samples for the Infusions display boards. She suggested some ATCs would be useful for filling in the gaps, so that set me off on these sets.
First of all, I wanted to get the measure of the colours we were playing with - Sleight Blue, Violetta and In The Navy.
I stencilled some gesso onto ATC cards and tried out a couple of combinations. This is the Sleight Blue with some In The Navy.
And here's the Violetta in action with Sleight Blue.
I don't know whether Leandra will have a use for these on the boards given they have no stamping on them...
... but I thought they were pretty with all that gesso texture, so I popped them into the sample parcel anyway.
The next sets focus on one Infusions colour at a time, and now there are stamps involved too. One of the things I'm learning to love about the Infusions is that even in "one colour" there are granules of different tones - making the whole thing very exciting when you spritz with water and see what emerges.
So here's the Sleight Blue trio, with their little touch of metal. I love this colour - is it blue, is it grey, is it green? It's all of them and more!
I adore this little house and handwriting collage from LPC 036... I can imagine it on bookmarks and journalling pages.
You've already seen this splendid woman from LPC 035 in action on my 6 x 6 cards - she's perfect for an ATC-sized project.
And how riveting is the gaze from the centre of this border image from LPC 037? Hypnotically "eye-catching"!
There have to be words of course - just a couple of them though... Chitchat stickers, usefully giving a kraft accent to match the frames.
I know there are lots of colours within one powder but, looking at those close-ups, I'm thinking a couple of stray granules of Violetta may have infiltrated these!
Now for the pure Violetta version of the trio... metal heart brads for these ones...
I have to say, it's a bit full-on for me in terms of pinkness when you use it in isolation.
I know there are plenty of you who will love it just like this, but for me it comes to life once you start to mix it with the grungier colours.
Violetta is certainly vivid, and the hits of purple are fun, especially when you get these little firework explosions swirling across the paper.
And you do get those brownish granules which were perfect to tie in with the colour of the ink-stamped images...
... as well as working helpfully to echo the kraft frames and Chitchat stickers.
Last of the ATCs... here's your In The Navy re-working of the same design trio. (How sweet is that little ivy leaf, determined to put in an appearance?)
The making-of couldn't be simpler, really.
A sprinkle of powder (making sure not to cover the whole ATC)...
... keeping slightly in mind the shape of the stamps and where they will sit...
... a spritz of water, and then the Potting Soil stamping of the images.
The Chitchat stickers, metal embellishments, and framing cardstock are all just finishing touches.
Layers of cardstock are also useful to firm up the samples - they're going to have to be fairly durable.
Finally for today I've got a tag to show you. This only came about as a way to use up one of the lighter secondary stencil prints you saw in the Part I post.
You may just be able to see soft-edged pale Harlequins hovering somewhere in the background, just adding a distressed look to the stamping really.
I stamped this magnificent horsewoman (I'm pretty sure that's a riding hat) from LPC 035 in Potting Soil and clear-embossed her for added presence.
I added the wonderful eye panel across the foot of the tag with the same method.
Then I used Weathered Wood Distress Ink to stamp the different sections of the panel onto the background.
Using Distress Ink means you get a softer edge to your stamped image.
I think that works well to give a sense of complexity and detail to the background without taking the eye away from the main images too much.
They're not in any particular order. I stamped one section at a time and mixed them around so they were fairly random; and I wasn't trying to be perfect, so in places they overlap or don't quite meet.
There were still some kraft diamonds hanging around on the table so I added those to the tag along with some simple twine to top it off.
And, of course. just a couple of words to keep me going.
As I mentioned in the main launch post over at PaperArtsy, I find I'm inclined to use fewer words than usual on a project where there are Lynne Perrella stamps - they seem to speak for themselves pretty clearly!
Thanks for stopping by again today. I'll be back with my details of my final samples in a few days - saving my favourites for last, of course - including another horsewoman, but even more magnificent!
I'm in snowy NYC for a few days' work at the moment, so apologies if I don't repay the visit for a week or so, but I hope I'll see you again soon either here or elsewhere in Craftyblogland.
UPDATE - sadly it's not snowy at all here!!
Yesterday a strange and surprising creature was seen to pass through our town on horseback. It had the face of a young woman, stuck full of patches ; a perriwig which hung down to its waist; a hat cock’d with the smartness of a young officer; a huge bunch of ribbons fastened behind its left shoulder; a shirt laid in large pleights on the breasts and tied close at the neck and wrists, which, with a vest of white satteen, trimmed with black, had much the resemblance of a shroud.
Richard Steele, mocking female riding habits in The Tatler, 1724