I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Treasured Memories

Hello all... thank you for dropping in.  For once, I'd love you to stay for a while, rather than sending you straight off in pursuit of some sneak peek or other!  The light was fading as I took these photos, so if we're blessed with some sunshine on Wednesday morning, I may update them...

I've an Artistic Outpost journal page for you today.  It's in the same journal as the peaceful woodland page from a couple of weeks ago... evidently this particular book has a gentling effect on me!


This page is layered up using kraft card and one of the lacy patterned papers from Finnabair's Sunrise Sunset collection for Prima (A4 size).






I'm still exploring the possibilities of the delicious Flower Market stamp set, so I stamped some of them around the background paper.












I adore the flower market advertisement text, butterflies and all...














... and the sweet little beehive.











Many thanks to those of you who offered up identification possibilities on this little flower when we saw it on the wooden heart.

The consensus seemed to be that it's a sprig of blossom, though which tree it's from is still under discussion.










I'm going to go with apple blossom, if that's okay with everyone... though obviously not in this version, since it's completely the wrong colour!













But the honey tones were gently present in the background paper, so I allowed them to come to the fore with the watercolouring, and some additional inking in Wild Honey and Pumice Stone. 

I stamped the larger flower pot on a spare snippet of lace paper and, as with all the images, I tinted it using a water brush with Distress Markers in Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters.  

Oh, and Pumice Stone for the pot...
















I also added a touch of colour to the flowers in the photo, printed out from a recent internet search.  

I think she's lovely, wearing those flowers in her hair, so I suspect she may bob up again in future!












The quote is from the same set and is stamped in Watering Can and Coffee Archival inks, blended on the stamp.













All the "lace" is cut using Tim Holtz's Vintage Lace Decorative Strip Die - some from more lace paper snippets, some from an old bread wrapper.







That's me for today.  Hope you're all having a lovely week, and I'll see you out there in Craftyblogland soon.


Memories warm you up from the inside.  But they also tear you apart.
From Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
From The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery

With the DP layers and papery lace, I'd like to enter this in the Paper Chase over at Country View Challenges and to wish them a happy blogaversary!

55 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

these stamps are delightful and love the soft way you have used them! A gorgeous page Alison x hugs x trace x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wooooow, Alison what a beautiful, romantic, nostalgic, page, I really fall in love with it, it's so beautiful, love the colours, the structure , the layers!!!what a great work!!!

Greetings
Maria

Etsuko said...

Stunning page Alison! Beautiful flowers and beautiful sentiment, it's a really romantic! xx

brenda said...

A totally delightful page Alison.

B x

Helen said...

Gorgeous Alison, delicate, pretty and feminine. Not at all like me, but I love it!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Great composition and I just adore the sentiment, it's so true! Chris xxx

chrissie said...

A very beautiful page Alison and one
that is full of love I feel.

Have a good day

Chrissie x

Chrissy said...

Gosh! Alison I love that quote...beautiful.. and a fabulous page with all the soft and subtle colours..gorgeous stamps and I love the beautiful image..

luv CHRISSYxx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a beautiful page Alison. So soft, delicate and romantic. Oh this one is definitely up my street! Have a lovely day! xxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

We have the same saying in Dutch..impressive text! But so is your AJ Alison. You did so well with these lovely stamps!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a gorgeously soft and subtle page Alison. I love the way you have used those stamps and the subtler colours. Just wonderful! Jennie x

Sophie said...

Oh, was für eine bezaubernde und romantische Karte, Alison.
Wunderschön, so fein und richtig frühlingshaft.

Liebe Grüße von Sophie

Tincan Crafter said...

So lovely and ethereal and dreamy Alison. I love that you quoted out of "Kafka on the Shore" its's one of my favourite novels, Murakami is one of my favourite writers along with Paulo Coelho and Salman Rushdie - love that mythical realism....this tag has that kind of feel to it. I am still such a huge fan of yours.

Shirley said...

Beauty just flows through your hands Alison, another magical and mystical quote about love. The whole ensemble is stunning.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Cestina said...

This is beyond belief beautiful. And the quote on it is just perfection.
xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Alison! It totally took my breath away. Beautiful texture and a wonderful color palette here too. My mojo is stone cold at the moment but this has got a few inspirational juices stirring - TFS!

Hugs,
Linda

rachel said...

so very peaceful Alison - this page is a stunner - gorgeous, gentle and very vintage - love it xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful, romantic looking page.
Somewhere when time stands still and you can enjoy the moment.
Yvonne

Kay Wallace said...

So sweet, so delicate, so feminine! Just stunning!

Dorthe said...

What a beautiful page in your book, dear Alison.
I agree with what you wrote on my blog, about the yellow, and this is a wonderful example on how lovely it can look .Those stamps are so wonderful, and used to make your background light and full of spring and hope, in spite of the sad qoute.
I love it.
Hugs from Dorthe

Terry said...

Lovely springtime journal page, Alison! I love the beautifully colored daffodils and the soft honey colors! Love those AO stamps! Hugs!

Netty said...

oooh I love your beautiful page Alison, but am sure you knew I would. Beautifully romantic and fab stamping. Annette x

Maelchen said...

This journal page is a treat again, dearest Alison. It is so tranquil and yet lively with a subtle spring mood... I love the way you placed the stamps and combined them with touches of colour... Beautiful as ever! And still so different again..
I am happy I have visited you today, my dear!
Greets, Manu

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh what a lovely post! Feel relaxed just looking through it - heaven knows how I'd feel if I could actually feel the paper!! Needed that - been busy packing!!! Chrisx

cathylynn said...

Alison you already know I'm a huge fan of yours. But... when I opened this up and saw this newest creation it totally touched my heart in a remarkable way! Oh my I just love it all!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Marci said...

Lovely! A balm for the soul. The quote on the page is perfect. Also love the quotes at the end of your post. Beautiful make!

sam21ski said...

Wow so much detail and so delicate - fantastic

Sam xx

Sandra's Spot said...

A beautiful page Alison, so soft and gentle . Lovely. Hugs Sandraxxx

Annie said...

A gorgous make Alison. Love the layers of paper and stunning stamps. The sentiment is so perfect...just drying my eye !!


Crafty Hugs

Annie x

Redanne said...

The sentiment is wonderful Alison and the whole page certainly had a calming effect on me. I love that you coloured the flowers in the image to match. Beautiful elements and a beautiful page. Anne xx

craftytrog said...

This is a beautiful page Alison, the colours are wonderful!
It somehow reminds me of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady, with those pretty sprigs of blossom & that lovely lady.
Alison xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Stunning work.
Julie x

Cocofolies said...

Gorgeous page Alison, very beautiful. Love the subtle elements like these double borders that goes perfectly with the flowers and the image... Hugs Coco xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous page Alison! That stamp set looks wonderful (love that quote!!!) and that photo is gorgeous, or perhaps I should say delicious! Love the expression on her face! Beautifully put together!!

Gio said...

A little bit different from your usual, still very sweet and beautiful, Alison!

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful.

Paper Profusion said...

Beautiful! And beautiful again! Nicola x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed Alison and a great composition with those gorgeous images and elements xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I appreciate the staying...lol! I adore these stamps too! You've made fabulous, romantic, warm pages with them!

Hettie said...

What a beautiful journal page Alison. That quote is just superb. I shall have to use that one on a layout very soon.
The colours, the layout and the format are all just beautiful.
Hugs
xx

Unni A said...

Wow it's very very very beautiful!
hugs, Unni

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Alison, had to stop in before I get to my desk, this page is BEA-U-TI-FUL..
The background page you have make it come alive with those stamps, the flowers in the pot, coloring, they look wonderful, that's a gorgeous images, love how you colored the flowers it looks amazing now, the lace, gorgeous, from a bread wrapper, that's excellent, well this page is a TREASURE, thanks for sharing...

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful romantic page.

Margaret said...

Beautiful vintage page! I love the golden yellow tones with the neutrals! Such a pretty combo!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page Alison, this stamp set is a favourite of mine. Love the delicate, vintage feel and the main image is gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at CVC too !
Sue C
x

hazel said...

This is so beautiful Alison.
xxx Hazel.

Neet said...

I could sit and look at this forever. Yes, it is peaceful, so serene - just beautiful.
Hugs, Neet xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love these journal pages. They are so bright and spring-like. They are so your style, yet not.

Jools Robertson said...

This is so very pretty, love the images and the colours are just delightful
Such a beautiful and poignant quote

Jools x

Julia said...

Did I comment on this already? I don't think I did. It is a beautiful vintage page. I love the colours and the layout, in fact everything about it is very very peaceful and quite serene. So pretty.

Mrs.B said...

This is such a beautiful page. Love your colour choice
Avril x

Julie Lee said...

Those flower market stamps are superb! I love the way you used them on these tranquil and beautiful pages. Exquisite work. Julie Ann xxx

Maggie said...

A gorgeous page Alison the quote is so beautiful altogether everything makes a beautiful memory page or would make a lovely scrapbook page. I love it.

MaggieH

Jenny Marples said...

A beautifully created and composed journal page that has me in mind of those Victorian botanical studies so much admired. Jenny x

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow truly stunning romantic gorgeous journal page. I love the soft palette with the delicate stamping wow :-) Kezzy xxx