I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Books, Books, Books

Hello all!  I'm just dropping in quickly to let you know about a new series called Books, Books, Books starting soon on my YouTube channel

Given I started out working in theatre, deeply embedded in the Words side of things, it shouldn't be a surprise that books, words and storytelling played a significant part in things when I turned to exploring Pictures and visual art.  The Books, Books, Books series on YouTube is going to celebrate that. 

There will be flip throughs and storytelling from art journals, handmade books and altered books made across all the years of my creative journey. 

The first full episode will be next Wednesday, but there's a short introduction over there now with a taste of what’s coming your way over on YouTube over the next weeks and months.  Take a look at the introduction to Books, Books, Books here... 

I know I haven't got around to filling you in on last month's Fodder School adventures yet - and boy, did I have a lovely time with the April project!  I'm looking forward to sharing it here... I just need to find time to write the blogpost!  Hope you're all doing well, and I'll be back soon with my Collage Quartet. 

Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world.
Jeanette Winterson

A room without books is like a body without a soul.
Cicero


3 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This sounds fascinating Alison. Making books is such a fulfilling project.

I Am Who God Says I Am said...

I have really enjoyed watching your youtube videos. You present ideas, themes, art techniques and more that I haven't seen often in other youtuber videos I've watched. Not that I don't enjoy theirs, also, buy your approach is somewhat unique, and I love it.
This new series sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to watching!
Thanks for all you do to help us enjoy creating!
Debbie

Words and Pictures said...

Thank you both!