I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 7 April 2024

Going Green!

Hello all, I hope you are all enjoying some glorious spring weather... it's certainly amazing here this weekend (though due to go all chilly again shortly).  The vivid spring greens are livening up the countryside (take a look over at my Bohemian Home Instagram account for some examples), and I'm here with a very exciting GREEN announcement!

I'm thrilled to have been invited to be part of the Art to Basic Green Developer Team 2024, and I will be creating my very own shade of green as a handmade watercolour.  Anyone who knows my work will know that green is an essential part of my creative world...

...whether it's a bright spring green, a rich botanical summer green, a soft blue-pine green, a zingy citrus, an uplifting turquoise-green or a delicate lavender grey-green... they all make my heart sing.

The process is already under way... I'm so excited by the possible pigments to be included in the paint, and I can't wait to work with Mette from Art to Basic to create my green for the palette.

Eleven other artists will also be creating new shades of green, and the whole palette will be released at the end of the year.  You can find all the details here, and Art to Basic are announcing the full team on their IG account right now.

I can't wait to see all these greens emerging with their different personalities.  It's going to be a gorgeously green year!

Oh, and while I'm here, there are new videos to check out on my YouTube channel, Words and Pictures, so do hop over there if you're looking for just a Few Minutes of Fun and inspiration.  Click the links below the pictures to go direct to each video.








Thank you so much for stopping by today to hear the GREEN news.  Have a great week, and happy crafting, all!

Green is the prime colour of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.
Pedro Calderon de la Barca

I long for the countryside. That's where I get my calm and tranquillity - from being able to come and find a spot of green.
Emilia Clarke

Green, how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches.
Federico Garcia Lorca

4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I just LOVE green. And you used the best shades of it too Alison. It makes me just happy seeing that color. Hope April is going well for you. hugs-Erika

Nan G said...

Congrats Butterfly! I look forward to seeing what lovely shade of green you help to develop.

Cigale said...

Congrats Alison and as always I am looking forward to see more. Your 3 9photo collages give such a feeling of a breathe of fresh air in nature.

Cocofolies said...

I'm thrilled for you Alison, this is so well deserved, fantastic news!!!
All your works in photo are really wonderful. So well you.. :)
Take care, and continue!
Hugs, Corinne xx