I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 25 May 2022

Long time, no see...

I know, I know... I'm sorry, it's been a shamefully long time since I posted here.  Life has been overwhelmingly busy, mostly in a good way.  There's so much to deal with when you move to a new country, try to build new income streams, and also start tackling gardening full scale.  I have been creating, but - cards on table - the speed of posting on Instagram as opposed to creating a blogpost (I've never really come to terms with the Blogger changes) has meant that has become my platform of choice while I've been so busy.

I love my blog though, and Craftyblogland will always be a special place to me - so I'm going to try really hard to put in an appearance at least once a week, and there are various things coming up which will kick me into keeping that resolution, so fingers crossed!

For now, let me catch you up with just some pictures of what's been going on creatively in the meantime... mostly tags rather than bigger creations (that busy-ness problem again), though I hope you'll like the Easter nest of eggs, and I've just (literally) dusted off my watercolour brushes and started doing some painting again.

I've also been doing quite a few tiny pieces in series - altered cash envelopes, altered teabag sachets and so on.  Keeping it small means I'm more likely to get finished!  And there are some pieces responding to the dark news from Ukraine (all too immediate here in the Czech Republic, where the Russian tanks were still a presence only thirty years ago).

Take a look...























So that's a taster of what's been going on... (and you're getting a debut with that second rose painting - it hasn't appeared on IG yet!).  I hope you've all been doing okay and that, wherever you are, you are enjoying some sunshine (either spring or autumn).  I'll aim to do some visiting soon too, but June is going to be a very busy month in a number of ways, so it make take a while to get round to everyone.

Stay safe, stay well, and I'll see you again here soon.  Happy crafting, all!

Time is the longest distance between two places.    It's good to be back after all this time.
From The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.
Robert Southey

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

It's good to see you back in the blogosphere Alison, and so nice to see such much beautiful art too.It was like a mini museum visit. Glad life is treating you well and all is good at your new home. Hope we don't have to wait so long to see you again. Hugs-Erika

Chelsea said...

You art is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Nan G said...

Wow! You have been busy. The bird’s is a stunning piece. Your watercolored flowers blow me away they’re so gorgeous. And the birds..oh my. All in all I’ll take them all. LOL Wishing you all the best in setting up your new life in the Czech Republic. Warm hugs, Nan

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR WORK, all of these are stunning!!!!!!

Helen said...

I do miss your blog posts as I am not on IG - well I have an account but never used it. So it's good to see all this amazing work you've been creating. Take care and see you soon! Helen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful to see you blogging again, especially since I am not on Instagram. You have given is a plethora of beautiful works to brighten an otherwise unimpressive day. It is all so incredibly lovely.

Lucy said...

Beautiful, beautiful work, Alison. Sending you love and best wishes x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh it is so good to see your post once again. And everything you shared is so beautiful. I hope you are settled in, (a dream to visit there, I've some distant family there as my grandparents were from there) All of that area was so beautiful when we visited all to the east of there. My military son/family are deployed close by. I am now on Instagram so will be happy to see you there ! Best Wishes enjoy Summer ! COLD and rainy in the USA.

Sande said...

Very glad to see you back in Blogland. You have been missed. Good to hear that you are settling into your new home. It does seem to take forever to get everything how you want it. I moved two years ago and am still moving things around and there are a few things that I still can't find.

I am awe of your mini projects especially the teabag sachets as they are just too sweet. May I ask to you use ones you have saved from teabags you have used or have your purchased them someplace. Very true about doing small projects and getting them completed. I decided last week that I am going to give that a try as I am known as the "Queen of Unfinished Projects." Hope to see you hear more often as it is always a treat for the eyes.

Words and Pictures said...

Thank you everyone - it's lovely to start to reconnect!

And Sande, the teabag sachets are all collected from tea that is being drunk... mostly by my mother when she is here. Sadly, I'm more of a coffee drinker - apart from the occasional Spiced Chai (which also comes with a sachet), but fortunately she drinks lots - from Fennel to Rooibos to Camomile, so there are usually sachets to collect. So yes, it's all recycling!
Alison x

Cocofolies said...

Words are missing... Love, love, love, love all your artworks dear Alison!!!!!!! A delightful gallery of pictures, thank you!
Sending hugs and my best thoughts to you from my little corner of France... xxx

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous creations... I hope you will post here as Instagram is too quick and go to the next project :)
Hope you are doing fine..
Hugzzz

Conniecrafter said...

Wow everyone of these is just incredible, gorgeous creations!