I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 1 August 2021

Baubles and Bling at PaperArtsy

Hello all.  It's been a while, but I'm delighted to be sharing a project over at the PaperArtsy blog today.  You wouldn't have expected to see me playing along during the Baubles and Bling theme, would you?  Well, neither would I... it was all a bit of an accident!


Just a sneak peek here, so I hope you'll have time to hop over to PaperArtsy to see what I managed to cook up outside my comfort zone.  As often happens when faced with that kind of challenge, I ended up somewhere that made me really happy.

I hope you're all doing well and I'll see you soon.

I think art is not an ornament or refinement at the fringes of human intelligence, I think it's at the centre. It's at the core.
Robert Pinsky

If you don't mind hopping to see the whole project, I'd like to share this at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where they are going Wild With Washi - it's washi looping around the baubles to hold them together as well as provide a frame for the words, so it's pretty important!

Again, if you don't mind hopping to see the whole project, I'd also like to join in with the Feathered Friends at Try It On Tuesday - not only is there a bird taking centre stage in one of the baubles, but the woman in the second bauble is also a "feathered friend"!


14 comments:

Fonda said...

I checked out the Paper Artsy blog... Absolutely beautiful baubles!

Marci said...

These are lovely!

Christine Alexander said...

love your vintage bauble terrariums ♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

They're fabulous Alison! I was just on my way to Paper Artsy when I spotted that you had joined us at Try It On Tuesday - Thank you so much, Chrisx

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at TIOT with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for TIOT
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

My name is Erika. said...

It's fun to see you branch out for these baubles with bling Alison. These came out fantastic. I'm glad you added a bird so you could share with us at Try It on Tuesday. Thank you. Happy August. Hugs-Erika

Mia said...

Coming back, Alison, to tell you that even if you are in or outside your comfort zone, I always admire your amazing creations. Hugs, my friend.

Neet said...

Absolutely beautiful Alison. These are so pretty and so romantic too. This project follows odn nicely from the Guest Designer work you did for AJJ - lovely countryside again.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning, Alison. You may have felt outside your comfort zone, but this was pure YOU, right down to the splatters outside the plastic bauble.

Cocofolies said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas project, beautiful!!! I'm off to the blog! :) Coco xx

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely exquisite x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, these are stunning - love them 😁. Enjoy the rest of your week and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Diana Taylor said...

These are gorgeous - I love the vintage/nature theme and they still have your beautiful and distinctive style despite you working outside your comfort zone! I just popped over the the PA blog and got an even better look at them - just stunning.
Diana xx

Etsuko said...

Beautiful project Alison, great idea and lovely decoration with baubles. Love them, xx