I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 7 December 2022

Advent Countdown (part 1)

Hello all!  I'm trying to create something daily during December so I'm here to share the first week's worth.  There are definitely some new wintry favourites among them for me...

I haven't always got as far as a finished tag - so some days are background-creating days, and some days have more than one tag.  Hopefully in the end it will all add up to 25!  Here's what we have so far...

Day 1



Day 2



Day 3


Day 4





Day 5



Day 6



Day 7



Those silvery blue crackled stencilled backgrounds appearing were actually made back in the summer during one of my first playtime sessions with the (then) new Uncharted Mariner colour.  It's taken until now for them to get their chance to shine!

There are some of my own PaperArtsy EAB28 Juniper Edition berries and text in a couple of the others.  And I think my favourite maybe the layered stamping backgrounds from Day 6.  I'm looking forward to finishing those off. 

I hope you are having a gentle run up to the festive season, and I hope to be back with some more Advent Countdown creativity soon.  Happy crafting, all!

I pray this winter be gentle and kind--
a season of rest from the wheel of the mind.
John Geddes

4 comments:

Cestina said...

Love the quote! Xxx

My name is Erika. said...

I love the berries and the pine cones. They look great on the blue backgrounds. They are all beautiful though Alison.Hope December is going well. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your backgrounds are incredible. I love all the layering, too. I am in awe of your choice of elements. These are simply stunning.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful tags with great layers. Happy creating, Angela xXx