I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Remember, remember again!





Hello all - not quite an Encore post today, but a look back in time taking place elsewhere!  The fabulous Marjie Kemper invited me to be part of her blog series of friends selecting a favourite project to revisit, so I'm delighted to be featured over at her blog today, along with one of my closest blogging friends - whom most of you will know.

I was honoured to be asked, and then realised it was actually an almost impossible task she'd set... choose my favourite project?!

My Baker's Dozen of favourite projects each year gets more and more generous, and that's only a year's worth each time.











How to pick a favourite from more than five years of posts?  Generally my favourite is whatever I've just made, the latest step in the journey.












Obviously there are projects which represent a leap in learning, or a moment of "oh, yes, that's me there", but there have been quite a few of those along the way, so it's still no good for trying to pick just one.












So, instead of trying to pick an out and out favourite, in the end I changed tack slightly.  Rather than trying to pick a favourite project, I chose a favourite blogpost, choosing a project which I think is very typical of my process...













I get an idea, just a spark, and then I have to work out how on earth to make that idea into a reality, and while I wrangle with that central idea, all sorts of other things just fall into place without me really noticing.

And it is also a project where I really like the end result too! 












I hope you'll hop over to Marjie's to take a look at what I ended up sharing. It's none of the ones pictured here, though they were all high on the list.

The title of this post will give you a clue if you've got a very good memory...









Thanks for stopping by today.  I know I've been pretty quiet lately.  I've been busy creating in new directions, so I've been trying not to get too distracted by online influences.  But I'll be home soon with more time to come visiting again. In the meantime, happy crafting all!

We don't need to have just one favourite. We keep adding favourites. Our favourite book is always the book that speaks most directly to us at a particular stage in our lives. And our lives change. We have other favourites that give us what we most need at that particular time. But we never lose the old favourites. They're always with us. We just sort of accumulate them.
Lloyd Alexander

20 comments:

Helen said...

I look forward to seeing where your new creativity is taking you... for now it's great to see old favourites again.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful creations, all of them. Have fun finding new ways to be creative. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

I popped over and saw both you and Astrid, I so enjoy seeing the creations you both continue to make, always so much inspiration to be had, thank you.

B x

Marci said...

Nice to see this again, it is very beautiful. Love the idea of the lights for fireworks and I love the colors you used.

My name is Erika. said...

Cool little peeks. :)

Hazel Agnew said...

What tempting little tasters Alison. Making my mouth water. Like picking a favourite child.
Need to pop over and take a look. Xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's always great to see your favourites! Loved your choice over at Marj's blog too! Hugs, Chrisx

Dorthe said...

And they are all so beautiful, Alison, each in its own way . I so love the last Christmas bowl decoration.Now to see what you chose .

Dorthe xx

froebelsternchen said...

Such beautiful creations always - thank you for your wonderful art and that you share it with us! Love the houses canvas you showed over at Marjie's as well! Hope your creativity takes you to new directions that brings many new favourites!
Happy crafting Alison!
Great to know you and your blog via internet!
oxo Susi

Lys said...

A delightful visit among your creations again: thanks!

Mrs.B said...

Just had a look at your pick - stunning and I must have missed this one first time around, so have just enjoyed reading how it came about. Love the lighting at the back, such a brilliant idea (excuse the pun).
Looking forward to seeing where your creativity is taking you.
Avril xx

Dortesjs said...

Gorgeous and very beautiful creations ;O))

Redanne said...

How lovely to see you and Astrid being featured on Marjie's blog and I love the project you are sharing there today - and the ones you are sharing here too!! Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Wonderful pieces. I wonder where your creativity is leading you next.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Specks of inspiration to spark our imagination, as always I can not wait to see the full picture of each and everyone and continue to follow your journey. Off to take a peep!!
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Astrid Maclean said...

An absolutely delightful baker's dozen here Alison, each one a treasure, wonderful to scroll through them again! I was delighted to be featured alongside of you! And reading your post I am now really looking forward to hear more of where your creative journey is taking you next! xxx

Julia said...

So many wonderful things to choose from and a very good choice for the season, for the inspiration journey and for the loveliness of it. I am intrigued by your note about creating in new directions and am looking forward to hearing more about that. x

Marjie Kemper said...

What a wonderful compilation of faves! These are all lovely. So happy to feature you this week!

Jackie PN said...

Alison, you have so many great posts and pieces to choose from that I am sure it was a most difficult task! Actually, I choose ALL of the items you have shared! heehee
Hugs,Jackie xx

Brenda Brown said...

Congrats on your friends post with Marjie and so lovely to see your fabulous choices. It’s never easy to pick out favourites and you have soooo many wonderful projects to choose from. Must catch up soon and get a date in for January xxx