I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Thursday 16 March 2017

Oxide Meadow Flowers






Hello all!  After all that Skullduggery, we're back to more normal service with a quick meadow flower tag for you today.

You saw the background for this in the XOX Oxides post, and this tag came about just as a bit of playtime with those backgrounds.

This time we've gone in the direction of my favourite meadowgrasses, rather than the more masculine look of Hats Off to Distress Oxides.

The purple and brown combination has long been a favourite around here and I had such fun adding the chalky oxidisation of the new inks into the mix.

Again, this is a combination of Oxides and traditional Distress Inks, so that you get the mix of opacity and translucence.








For me, so far, that's the real joy of the new Distress Oxides... getting the interplay between their chalky softness and the more intense colour of the original versions.














And because the background is basically the point here, the rest of this tag is really very simple.














There are some of my favourite Tim Holtz grasses (from the Spring Sprung stamp set)...












... and some of the Wildflowers, all stamped in Potting Soil and clear-embossed to give them good strong definition against those complex inky effects.













I added some white pen accents to the heads of the flowers, as is my wont.














I felt it needed another white echo or two, so I added some doodled borders around the edges, as well, of course, as some delicate white spatter.












Some Small Talk stickers provide the words - excellent advice when you have new arty stash to play with, I think.












And a matted kraft background and some simple twine finish the whole thing off.

Thanks so much for dropping in today.  I hope you're all having a great week.  I'm at Destination Inspiration over at A Vintage Journey on Monday, so I'll hope to see you there!

I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein






There's some subtle white splatter here, and really that whole background is just smoosh and splatter, so I'd like to share this at Emerald Creek Dares, the March dare is to Splatter Some Fun

34 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful tag, Alison - I can't wait to get my hands on the Oxides I've ordered. the colours are gorgeous on this piece.

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely gorgoues Alison! Wow!

Nikki Acton said...

Super oxide / ink tag and the embossed wild flowers really pop with the white accents. Xx

chrissie said...

Seems like you have really taken to these oxides Alison and they go well as a background to one of your favourite stamped images. For me the white pen adds so much to this stunning tag

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Amanda said...

Beautiful and love the touches of white.
Love
Amanda x

Marci said...

That background is so pretty, and I like your idea to doodle in white around the edges.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful tag dear Alison, great colours together and what a beautiful effect these new inks have!! Mine arrived just now so I can start with my expirements later on!!
Have fun!!
Maria

suzyb said...

Love this tag and the colours! The little touches like the white pen dots. I do love those flowers and grasses. You make things look so darn gorgeous! I totally enjoy all your posts and look forward to looking at them over my morning coffee. :) Thank you Alison for a great start to my mornings.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous Alison. Such a gorgeous mix of colours too x

Dorthe said...

This is so beautiful, I love it Alison. The embossed brown grasses and flowers onto your gorgeous background, with the white dots ,making them so alive !! also the slashes gives magic and life to your gorgeous tag !!
Dorthe, xoxo

Gio said...

So delicate and elegant, Alison, truly beautiful. Need some lessons on DO, I have some issues with them , going to see your other post.

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful colours on your chalky background and I love your white pens accents on the flowers, a perfect finishing touch.
Julie x

Redanne said...

I just love the chalky finish that the Oxides give and that makes your gorgeous grasses look even more beautiful - the white dots bring them to life too! Anne xx

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful mix of colors on your background Alison! The silhouette stampings and white accents are perfect! Julia xx

Meggymay said...

A stunning tag, the background again looks wonderful. I gave in and ordered the oxides, just waiting tor the postie now.
Yvonne xx

Lys said...

Just beautiful! I love the feel of these new inks, and your favourite grass is elegantly touched by the white spots. Fabulous!

Hazel Agnew said...

What tremendous contrasts Alison. The delicate hues of the background set off against the bold dark lines of the "flowers". You are certainly tempting me to purchase the oxides. Your combination with the distress inks is a winning one. White splatters highlight the beauty of the colours.
It's a beautiful vision that made me gasp with delight. Looking forward to more inspiration from you. Xx 😊

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Absolutely stunningly beautiful tag Alison, I have some of the Oxides and I'm in love with them too!!
Hugs
Donna xx

Barbara said...

BAckgrounds is outstanding! I love so much Distress Oxide, the whole design of your tag is fabulous and the touch of white is perfect! Stinning creation! barbara

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous background and finished tag, love it. Have a great weekend xxx

Diana Taylor said...

I'm transported to the dunes on my local beach with the sun setting on a warm evening - such a very, very beautiful tag. I have been resisting the Oxides very well until now, in fact until I saw your post I was absolutely certain I wouldn't be getting any, as I'm more than happy with my normal Distress Inks. I've also just followed your link to your Hats Off post and that really has sealed the deal - another totally gorgeous tag!

SewPaperPaint said...

A stunning tag! Love the white dots and beautiful edging. Hugs, Autumn

Kirsten said...

A gorgeous tag!

sarascloset said...

Oh, geeez, Alison! It's a new favorite for me! That background is drool worthy, and you have added just the right amount of everything else to make this steal the show! The Queen Anne's lace is just beautiful as a silhouette and perfectly festooned with those crisp white dots. Oh, yes, I'm in crafty love! Just GORGEOUS! And I do love your Albert Einstein quote! Thank you for sharing this amazing creation at Emerald Creek Dares! You get all my votes! Oh, did I just say that out loud?! Hugs!

maj. said...

Gorgeous!!! The background is just stunning!

Mrs.B said...

This looks fabulous - my DOX have just arrived - can't wait to play.
Avril xx

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the purple in this! Simple and stunning!
Jackie xo

thanks so much for responding,i will write back soon. An art sister came to visit for a bit and we have been busy having fun! xx

A Pink said...

Fabulous . Love the silhouette wildflowers with their pops of white highlights against the oxides ( gorgeous colour mix ).
x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! I am on catch up again! This is so beautiful Alison - the oxides background is just perfect for your wildflowers! Hugs, Chrisx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Lovely background. It truly does have a neat effect and you can't go wrong with your meadow grasses. I'm impressed with the white dots from your white pen. You must have a robust pen to make that happen.

Pamellia said...

What a gorgeous tag Alison! Those blended colours in the background are just stunning! Blues and purples and oranges, they all just work together so well! Love the white highlights you added, a lovely contrast. Wonderful sentiment too. Love it! hugs :)

Claudia N. said...

Oh, well...I never really tire of seeing your beautiful "normal duty" projects, Alison! ;)

And you mastered the Distress Oxides so beautifully! Love those splatter patterns you've created!

Thank you for sharing your lovely tag with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Anna-Karin said...

This tags is so pretty! Love the background and the flowers with the white pen work.

Cocofolies said...

Absolutely an exquisite tag... Your white pen accents on the heads of flowers and borders, in addition to clear-embossing, make all the difference. The chosen background using these new Oxide distress inks looks really fantastic too, wow Alison. xx