I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Artist Trading Post Finale

Hello all, and welcome.  I've had a flurry of posts here lately, what with my July Tim tag and the New PaperArtsy Hot Picks Release on Sunday (and don't forget there are more new stamps to see each night this week over at PaperArtsy), and my Calico Craft Parts Apothecary's ATC on Monday, and now I'm back with yet another sneak peek.  I guess I'm making up for it being so quiet here in June!

I'm here today to let you know it's time for the last of my trio of creations as a Guest Designer for Artist Trading Post this month, and it's my favourite of the three - saving the best for last, I hope.  See what you think...




The theme at Artist Trading Post this month is Crafter's Workshop Stencils, and as you know I do love a stencil.

I mainly find myself using them with texture paste, and I've tried embossing ink this time too.  The result is a journalling spread which gives my soul solace in what has been a very busy work schedule - some breathing time amidst the chaos.  It uses one of my most loved quotations (also below).

I hope this sneak peek will tempt you to take a look over at Artist Trading Post.  And I'd like to thank the fabulous Kasia Krzyminska for inviting me along to play this month.  I've had a wonderful time.

Thanks to all of you, too, for your visits and comments.  I'll be announcing a candy winner soon... promise!

Learn to be silent.  Let your quiet mind listen and absorb.
Pythagoras

33 comments:

Terry said...

I am off for all the details! Hugs!

Anneke said...

These pages look amazing.
Love the quote that you have used.
Wonderful texture, great Colors Anneke.

Lisa Minckler said...

You've captured a quiet soul beautifully. The choice of colors and elements bring on an immediate sense of relaxation. I love that you saved this for last. :)

Julie Lee said...

Wonderful quote, Alison. I'm off to check this beauty out in more detail! xxx

Chrissy said...

Oh! they are beautiful pages Alison..love the glossy texture and the quote is so lovely. I love the grasses with the little birds in there and fabulous colours..

luv CHRISSYxx

Corrie Herriman said...

The colours are very tempting, so I am off to have a look !
Corrie x

rachel said...

looks good to me Alison - off to see the full thing!!! Hugs rachel x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I will visit later. I am sure it is amazing!
Wishes
Lynne

chrissie said...

A wonderful spread Alison with great texture and a beautiful feeling of peace to draw attention to the words

Love Chrissie xx

Fliss said...

This looks exceedingly intriguing Alison so off to see now!
Fliss xx

Vintagehandmade said...

Oh, Alison, what a wonderful spread! Beautiful textures and amazing colours! Your fantastic background looks so dreamy and I love the quote!
Hugs!
Branka xxx

Meggymay said...

Just seen this very special journal spread at ATP, the pages are gorgeous and so is the sentiment.
Yvonne xx

Cocofolies said...

At first I'm sorry Alison, my kids are on holidays, also still working for my part and a lot of urgent tasks awaiting, so it will be hard to catch-up with all posts from you and some other craft friends this summer and read all the details..
I'm going to look at this anyway, also have a look on your previous makes, just my apologies if I don't leave you as many comments I'd love to during the summer. Hugs, Coco xxx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hi -- I know it's been such a long time since I've visited your blog! Just popped over to see the details on Artist Trading Post. That cathedral stencil is gorgeous. Your blues and browns here evoke such solace. Wonderful quote. Hugs -- ME

Marci said...

Loved your pages, very serene. Great quote, too.

Jackie PN said...

off for a look ,you busy busy lady!! xo

Redanne said...

I am off to have a look at the details.... Anne xx

Unknown said...

Deep breath.... slowed mind... newly relaxed... another deep breath..... just what I needed Alison. Your journal pages were just what I needed... now I'm revamped, reinvigorated and ready to paint again. Loved your project. j.

pearshapedcrafting said...

The little bit I can see looks great - off for a better look! Chrisx

Meihsia Liu said...

Great colors and texture, Alison. :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous!!!

Michelle Webb said...

Oh Alison I've really missed being in the blogging world as I used to. I feel like I'm getting right back into it. I've really missed your blog, so many wonderful words and projects. Lots and lots of inspiration too :) I've been looking after my Mum for the past year who sadly passed away in April and I'm just getting back into my mixed-media stride again. Thank you for the inspiration. Michelle xxx

Neet said...

You little minx, you know full well I will have to follow your link now that I have seen that gorgeous blue shade - and an arch shape. Looks exciting. Sorry I cannot stay around - must move on (guess where to?)
Hugs, Neet xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Off for a closer look, I always love to see journal pages....

Mrs.B said...

Just had a closer look, gorgeous, dreamy pages, love the colours and wonderful quote.
Avril xx

experiments in paper said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Loving these particular colors in your always-wonderful blue-brown palette - off to see more! xx Lynn

Unknown said...

Amazing pages, Alison! Your tutorial at ATP is awesome and your process is amazing!! XOXO-Shari

Kasia Krzymińska said...

Thank you so much Alison! Your works are always stunning and I'm very happy that we could have you for few moments on our blog. :)

Julia Aston said...

this looks so interesting AND beautiful Alison! I'm off to take a look! Julia xx

Deb said...

Saw your post over at ATP Alison, a beautiful journal page!

Inkypinkycraft said...

really gorgeous x hugs x

Annie said...

Off to take a closer look Alison xx

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL. j.