I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Sunday 5 July 2015

All New PaperArtsy Hot Picks

Hello everyone, and welcome.  Tonight is the start of a whole week of NEW RELEASES over at PaperArtsy, and first up it's some amazing new Hot Picks stamps.

(Oh, and there's my July Tim tag to check out into the bargain, just in case you're interested!)

I was delighted to be asked to be one of Leandra's "wingmen" for the new Hot Picks stamps, and armed with a colour palette and two of the gorgeous new sets of stamps I set to work.  You might want to arm yourself with a cup of coffee or a nice glass of wine...


These are all created using HP1501 and 1503, which you can see below.  The images and text and graphics will be fantastic for art journalling, as well as all sorts of other crafting. 






But I couldn't send away my art journals as samples, so instead I created some tags and "pages" in a layered journalling style, as well as some wordy little houses made with one of the most fabulous script stamps ever.








If you hop over to PaperArtsy you can see all the new Hot Picks stamp sets, as well as samples made by lots of other designers.  There's so much eye-candy, you'll end up with a sugar rush!  I'll just share a couple of details from my projects with you before you go...





I started with a pair of tags and, as ever, with some weathered backgrounds using the Crackle Glaze.  I decided to allow one tag to focus on HP1501 stamps (to the left) and the other on HP1503 (to the right).









For the first, I stamped this delicious corner piece from HP1501 in Squid Ink and the chevrons and background text in Sepia Archival ink.












The HP1503 has a great film strip collage with a fantastic vintage camera.














That and the rest of the stamping on this tag is done in Sepia, with some hints of Jet Black added around the edges before stamping.











I added some book page chevrons (cut with the Tim Holtz Frameworks die) to echo the chevrons in many of the images, and shaded around them with pastel pencils.












A couple of Big Chat stickers and some embossed metallic embellishments finish them off.











How about those word-houses next?  The large script stamp from HP1501 is simply beautiful - lots of different font sizes and directions, all within one stamp.  You can stamp the whole thing for a great background, or add partial stamping for great detailing (as on the first tag above).


Each of these houses was painted and then stamped with either Sepia ink and clear-embossed, or with Versamark and white-embossed.






You can see on the Squid Ink house that there are even some lovely numbers within the image.  I gave the houses some book page windows, and the whole street is mounted on a crackled tag.













I used the grungy background stamp to give them something to stand on, but it's only just visible now.






Next is a pair of "pages" created with HP1503 on some 5 x 7 kraft card.  Since I couldn't use an actual art journal, I created pages which one could insert instead.






I layered up book pages, some stained with tea and coffee, some not, and added lots of background stamping.














These edge and corner stamps will be so cool for adding vintage detail to journalling pages.













And there are some great grungy dots too...














For the main focus I stamped onto ATC blanks.  Here's the fabulous film strip again, with a hint of pink to draw the eye to the butterfly and the man's face.












I added some Handwritten Words cut from kraft paper and Crunchy wax paper to both panels.












And on the other ATC you can see the adorable little girl peeping out at you.














The ATCs are "attached" with some file clips altered with alcohol ink, and I added some extra little metal accents.






Finally, the two tags which are probably my favourites of this selection...  





Again I've used HP1501 for one of them and HP1503 for the other, but they're definitely a pair.

(HP1503 is to the left this time and HP1501 to the right.)











Starting with the crackled background again, this time I stamped the industrial corner in French Roast Fresco paint.













I love how much detail you get when stamping with Frescos, and I love this stamp too.













There's another appearance for the script stamp in the background, and then this wonderful compass, some stamped in Sepia Archival and some in French Roast.











I altered some Finnabair/Prima metal cogs with Antique Metal embossing powder, their shapes echoing the industrial cog and the compass stamps.

It was starting to have a travelling feel to it, so I used watery washes of paint to add shading around the elements, including the added Big Chat stickers - I hope it has the feel of an ancient map.










I went even further with mapping on the HP1503 tag.  I used torn strips of book page as my land masses, again shading around them with washes of paint.












Since I'd clear-embossed my Sepia stampings, I knew they wouldn't get covered over.  I just love this Montana label - so cool for adding interest to the side of a tag, page or project.












And if you read the words of this pair all as one phrase, you find the suggestion that we should all "travel together, making memories" - capturing them on film as we go.









I hope you have time to hop over to PaperArtsy to see what everyone else has been making.  As I say, there's a wealth of inspiration there using these new stamps, and I promise you won't want to miss the other sets in this new release.

And don't forget that at 7pm every night this week, you can see all the other new releases from PaperArtsy's signature designers.  Hold on to your wallets!!




Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll see you again (very) soon.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Helen Keller

Most travel is best of all in the anticipation or the remembering; the reality has more to do with losing your luggage.
Regina Nadelson

47 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Lin's new stamps are fabulous... so your all tags and creations with them. Brilliant work, Alison ...love it!

Ruth said...

Fabulous, fabulous samples, adore the house one and am in love with the vintage colour palette. Stunning! Ruth x

Julie Lee said...

Fabulous samples, Alison! I really love your sepia stamping and those crackle backgrounds are 'to die for'! My absolute favourite is the tag with the little houses! I adore little houses and I'm about to create lots as a summer project! I really like how you brought journal techniques to these projects. There is so much inspiration here I know I'm going to be coming back again and again! How you created such innovative and beautifully crafted samples in the midst of your other highly creative and busy life never ceases to amaze me! Alison, you are a force of nature! xxx

Nan G said...

Cool samples, butterfly! Love the lil houses.

chrissie said...

Such a lot of amazing workAlison to showcase the stamp sets. Must say I love all,of the things you made but the houses stand out for me..such a great idea tonusevtgecstamp on them

Love Chrissie xx

Fliss said...

Asolutely stunning creations Alison! Guess who's now drooling over those gorgeous new stamps :D
Fliss xx

Helen said...

Absolutely gorgeous samples, Alison!

Claire said...

Beautiful samples, love the houses tag loads! All the new PA releases look fab, looking forward to having a play with them :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous samples all of them Alison!! Yes those stamps are all just superb, - can't wait to get my hands on all of the sets!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous samples all of them Alison!! Yes those stamps are all just superb, - can't wait to get my hands on all of the sets!

sam21ski said...

Fab samples Alison xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What an honour to make a start with these new hotpicks...they look great, and even beter on your creations Alison!
All the best, Alie :-)

Redanne said...

I have just been over to see the new release at PA, I love ALL the stamps and the ones you chose to use are wonderful. Your samples are just exquisite Alison, you really have brought those stamps to life! Hugs, Anne xx

rachel said...

these are awesome makes Alison - great stamps - love the chevron and how you used it - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Meggymay said...

These pieces using the new stamps are all fabulous. I feel a wish list getting longer.
Yvonne xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Bravo Alison! A majestic array of samples brimming with beautiful details and texture.
Wishes
Lynne

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Glorious samples! Just wonderful! I so enjoyed reading how you made each piece too. I've been here for aaaages drooling. Hope I didn't leave a puddle :oD Lx

experiments in paper said...

Yowsa!!! Each and every one of these is fantastic! Lucky you to be playing with the new releases already - you've done a marvelous job of displaying the stamps' potentials..... with a lovely crop of makes to show. I am especially fond of those houses, I must say! That script stamp looks amazing and I LOVE all the different treatments you've given. WOW!!
xx Lynn

Inkypinkycraft said...

gorgeous projects and that script stamp is wonderful x I love all your neutrals -yummy!

froebelsternchen said...

All this projects are simpl GORGEOUS dear Alison!

Vintagehandmade said...

Wow, Alison, all the projects are just beyond stunning! Fantastic ways to display those amazing stamps! Bravo! Can't wait to play with them!
Hugs :)
Branka xxx

Deborah said...

You and Hot Picks were made for each other, Alison. Fabulous makes.

Anneke said...

These just look amazing. I saw them yesterday on the Paper Artsy blog.
I really love your work. Love the Colors that you have used.
So vintage. Thanks for showing Anneke

Marci said...

Beautiful tags, wonderful stamping! I love the compass one and the houses, especially.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

What better person could Paperartsy have chosen but you Alison, all your tags are simply beautifully created as usual ;)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Marci said...

Beautiful tags, wonderful stamping! I love the compass one and the houses, especially.

craftytrog said...

Those stamps are wonderful, and your samples are absolutely fantastic Alison! x

Kay Wallace said...

You have certainly been one busy bee, Alison! Great inspiration here with lots of yummy new stamps. Love the addition of the ATCs as an element. I forget to do that. Thanks for sharing today!

Paper Profusion said...

You've made fantastic art with these stamps Alison - all look brilliant! Nicola x

Kelly said...

Hello Alison, this is a feast for the eyes. Love all the tags and beautiful textures. The stamps are wonderful and I love how many different ways you used them.
Hugs Kelly

Mrs.B said...

So many fabulous samples Alison, no wonder Leandra wanted you to showcase the new stamps. Brilliant work.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

So many fabulous samples Alison, no wonder Leandra wanted you to showcase the new stamps. Brilliant work.
Avril xx

craftimamma said...

Amazing samples Alison and each one a wonderful showcase for this fabulous release of new stamp designs. Only problem is I can't for the life of me decide which set has to join my collection. Adore those houses!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous palette, gorgeous vintage, gorgeous images!!!

Jackie PN said...

Oh my Alison, you surely did showcase these new stamps so well- and in one of my fav palettes of yours!! perfect marriage!! xo

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great new images and fabulous inspiration.

Cocofolies said...

Fantastic vintage creations with these new stamps - love the tag with the little houses! :D -
All your tags are very beautiful Alison... Great inspiration for all of us. Have a lovely day and happy summer, hugs Coco xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well you have certainly shown these off and convinced me that I NEED them!! Brilliant inspiration! Chris

Unknown said...

Wowie, Alison!! This collection of art using the new PA images is spectacular! I love every single sample you've made here!! But I think my favorite piece is your 'word-house' tag...no wait, it's your book pages....no....wait....it's your chevron tags...Oh who am I kidding?! I LOVE THEM ALL!!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Kasia said...

Fabulous samples, Alison! Hugs! :)

Kim said...

Beautiful makes highlighting the new stamps...the word houses is my fav. Love the vintage feel of your work. Hugs, Kim

Hettie said...

What wonderful makes Alison. I can see why these stamps appeal to you. They are just brilliant.
Hugs
xx

Deb said...

My gosh Alison, those are all spectacular! What a fabulous stamp set and the colour palette you have chosen shows them off to great advantage,. These sets are a must have, time to start making my wish list and saving my pennies! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful art with us.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Fantastic tags and love your colour choice. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

Dorthe said...

They are such beautiful tags, you created with the wonderful new sets. I love them all, with their nature colour tones, and your clear embossing some of the stamps. Love the houses and all the details on the other tags, so fantastic they are Alison, -you create magic, dear.
Hugs, Dorthe

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow!!! Fantastic tags!

barbarayaya62 said...

I'm totally in love with this blog post! Your tags is absolutely wonderful, each of them is wonderful! the stamps are so beautiful and you are the Queen of soft tones! Barbarayaya