I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Take a peek in the garden...

It's sneak peek city round here at the moment!  If you missed yesterday's post, with all the news about the brand new Destination Inspiration games at A Vintage Journey, then do check it out.

Here today, I'm hoping to tempt you over to The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog where I've been playing with some of the recent Artistic Stamper releases again.

There's nothing complicated about what I've made (still pursuing the art of simplicity!) but - given that gardeners are one of the few groups who might actually have a practical use for tags - I hope you'll agree that everything in the garden is lovely (not quite true - the sharper-eyed amongst you will spot that something is feasting on my ivy!).  Do hop over and take a look at the full set.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.  If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Anonymous
(Hence the need for good labelling with tags!)

20 comments:

massofhair said...

Took a huge peek by going over to the Artistic Stamper Alison and i am so glad i did. your Tags are wonderful and wouldn't be out of place being sold at a posh Country Fayre :-) xxx

Deborah said...

LOL love that quote. And the rustic simplicity of your gardener's tags - perfect for the potting shed.

chrissie said...

A wonderful set of tags and they gave me an idea for a gardening friend's birthday card. I just had to save the quote as well because it made me laugh out loud.

Thank you for the inspiration Alison

Love Chrissie xx

Marci said...

Love the tags and the quote!

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh, that quote is hilarious Alison!! Love your tags, makes me miss my gardening days! hugs :)

rachel said...

just been over to look at these Alison - lovely stamps and great tags - and thanks for the reminder about the challenge! Hugs rachel x

Lisa Minckler said...

Hahahahaha.....that anonymous quote at the end of your post had me busting a gut laughing. Ain't that the truth!! Oh the expletives I have spewed that arose to the heavens when that happened to me. I'm off to check it out now. Sorry to hear about your ivy...hope you find the pesky culprit.
hugs,
Lisa

Julie Lee said...

That is so true about plants, Alison! Those darned weeds nearly kill you to uproot while the prized specimens are pulled up as easily as anything! I'm just off to investigate The Artistic Stamper now. xx

Meggymay said...

They are a fantastic set of tags, and would be useful to gardeners. Hope you find the ivy wrecker.
Yvonne xx

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Just took a peek at those cute stamps and tags!

Sue said...

These are lovely Alison, I really like these stamps xx

Redanne said...

The quote is so true.... I wonder how I know that... Off to have a closer look! Anne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just been to have a look - love those stamps - perfect for the way you have used them! Chrisx

experiments in paper said...

Wonderful quote, and all too true!! Love your tags - the calligraphy addition is perfect. You could readily sell these at an upscale gardening shop! Great idea for this time of year. Hope your ivy recovers - time for a bit of a soapy bath methinks. xx Lynn

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Been over! Gorgeous, and love the saying and vintage feel!

Vintagehandmade said...

Amazing tags, Alison! I have to buy those wonderful stamps! I love the colors you used!
Hugs :)
Branka xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Great idea for the gardener, love them.
hugs Brenda xxx

Mrs.B said...

This is such a great idea,
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

This is such a great idea,
Avril xx

Mary Elizabeth said...

I'm doing a little gardening myself this summer and now I wish I had some of these tags :) I think more than a few of my plants have died because I didn't remember something about them. Sigh. -- ME