I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 15 June 2013

Embrace Imagination

Hello everyone!  I'm very happy to be here with my second post of the day (if you're after the Calico Crafts Guest Design link, it's here)... and delighted to present my DT make for this month's Our Creative Corner challenge.  Over at OCC you can check out what the rest of my amazing teammates have created for this mid-month reminder, and here's my offering.


The Recipe Challenge hosted by the brilliant Jenny (a.k.a. Buttons) is such fun - if you haven't played already, then do give it a whirl.  And if you have already played, come and have another go (to a maximum of three entries only, of course).  There are three lists of ingredients, and you have to use at least one from each list, and let us know what you've used.

List A - Lace, Fabric, Ribbon
List B - Metal, Wood/MDF, Clay
List C - Inks, Paints, Stains




Since I'm only with my crafty stash for half of each week at the moment, those days are under quite a lot of pressure to get done what needs to be done.  

So it was pure pleasure to work with these lists, and just have some play time with some of my favourite things.  No surprise that it ended up being a tag, I guess!







I used A Ribbon, B Metal and C - the full trio - Inks, Paints and Stains, and had a fabulous time.  To be honest, I can't even remember how I started - it looks as though it's wrinkle-free distress technique, with some ink blended over the top.  

And I know there's Broken China and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink involved, and I'm pretty sure some Vintage Photo got in on the act.  But again, the details are rusty (hinge!).  










I certainly did some stencilling, blending ink through the gorgeous Crafter's Workshop Harlequin mask.

And there's some stamping using Broken China Distress Paint with one of Tim Holtz's texture stamps from the Ultimate Grunge set.










I used my "most-favouritest" text stamp of all, from the TH Apothecary set, to add some stamping texture, and some of the magnificent rub-ons for added detailing.











I coveted this La Blanche stamp from the very first moment I saw it, and was lucky enough to get it on offer recently.  Inking it up for the first time was just as pleasurable as I'd hoped. 










Since the background is quite busy, I decided to add some detail clear embossing powder to my Black Archival, so that the image would have extra impact from the glossy dimension the embossing gives it.  











The metal pieces are mostly from Idea-ology, but I think some elements from the Papermania Chronology collection may have snuck in there too (that clock face, for instance).




And I inked up some Idea-ology Chitchat Stickers to go in my Ornate Plate.  

I didn't want to cover up too much of my background (which delights me) by sticking a whole oval of paper inside there.






Then, of course, there are the ribbons... some seam binding dyed with inks, paints and stains.  



The lighter ribbon tying them together has some Distress Paint in the mix, which gives it that slightly more opaque look.  

The main strands are done with inks and stains, and have that fabulous translucent glow of colour as a result.



Well, I hope that's provided some inspiration.  As I say, if you'd like to see the rest of the mid-month projects, they're right here, and well worth a visit I can tell you.  And then you'll find all the challenge details and the linky (as well as the first half of the inspiration projects, of course) here.


And if that's not enough inspiration, it so happens that my Calico Crafts project also fits the Recipe bill (Lace, Metal, Inks and Paints), so if you've time to hop over and see that, it would be grand!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll see you out there in Craftyblogland.

Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.
Albert Einstein

Invitation
If you are a dreamer, come in, 
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, 
a hope-er, a pray-er, a magic-bean-buyer... 
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire 
for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. 
Come in! Come in!
Shel Silverstein


I'm just in time to get this in as a second entry in Tag Time over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
And I'd also like to add it to the Anything Goes challenge at The Hobby House Challenge Blog.

62 comments:

Annie said...

Fabulous tag Alison. I love the depth of the colours and the LB stamp is one of my favourites too.

Popped over to CC crafts and left a comment. Wonderful canvas

Have a great weekend

Annie x

Sue uk said...

Stunning colours and ironwork. It all goes together FAB!

sam21ski said...

Wow what an amazing tag Alison, just love everything about it

Sam xxx

Ellie Knol said...

Alison, what a beautiful and most gorgeoua coloery tag! (don't know whether this is proper english, but this is what came up first when I saw this!

Jenny Marples said...

It's always a pleasure, never a chore to spend time gazing at the detailed pictures of your creations and this one is no exception. Lots going on but then again it doesn't feel overloaded - always the sign of a talented artist at work. Love the use of the rub-ons and have to agree that there are some superb La Blanche stamps out there. Hugs, Jenny x

Martina said...

Great tag Alison with beautiful stamps and a lot of great details! Love this!

Claudia N. said...

I can see the fun and joy you had playing around with your favourite stuff, Alison!

A wonderful tag with loads of awesome detail!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Tincan Crafter said...

AWESOME - you used all my favourite colours and embellishments. I am so stoked that I have very similar stamps and things to you, it makes me feel that I have made great creative choices simply because you have them too and I think that everything that you do is so so so cool - so I must have chose well!

Von said...

I can see why you coveted the stamp Alison !fabulous tag :)
Von ♥

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh wow Alison!!! You did such a fabulous job showcasing this amazing stamp. Just incredible from color choice to embellishment and image placement. You are so gifted. Thanks for sharing with us. Will keep following you and your work no matter what Google does :)

ionabunny said...

Amazing tag and that stamp is OOTW. Lovely lovely, very much lovely

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Yummy colours Alson, they work beautifully with the focl image . Love the ornate plate and the coordinated ribbons are stunning. Fantastic. Tracy x

Inkypinkycraft said...

as usual Alison an amazing make, packed with layers of yumminess!
xx hugs trace x

Keren Tamir said...

Wow wow wow this is utterly fantastic. How do you mix the colors. Love the tag

Terry said...

Every color and every ingredient I just love! Gorgeous tag and texture! Love this! Have a most fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Lots of depth to the stamping on this tag and fabulous mix of colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, lovely stamps! Valerie

Cinderella Moments said...

I love all the metal parts. It's such a nice and industrial like look. Fabulous!!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Unknown said...

Beautiful Alison, I've been over and left you a comment there too. You make it look so easy - wish it were, lol. Have a great weekend. Chris xxx

Rosie said...

Your tag is just wonderful, love every detail.

Have a loveley weekend

Jennie Atkinson said...

Just absolutely stunning - every part of it x

Redanne said...

A truly stunning background Alison, love that La Blanche stamp, great embellies and gorgeous ribbon to finish - so very beautiful.... love this to bits! Hugs, Anne x

Cestina said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous colours.....
xx

Ephemera said...

Just beautiful Alison, really gorgeous stamping and such lush rich colouring; a stunning DT project. Have a lovely weekend. xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

You can embracethis tag Alison, you've used a lot of imagination!
Lovely...

kind regards, Alie :-)

craftimamma said...

Totally stunning tag Alison with wonderful colours and the La Blanche image is one of my favourites but sadly not in my possession. I can hope that one day maybe, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic colours on this beautiful tag!! It's got all my favourite techniques and one of my all time favourite stamps, so what else can I say but I love it!!

Helen said...

absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Alison ! Love the colours and the stamps are fabulous ! Off to check out your Calico GDT piece now ! Sue C X

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful tag with great texture and elements. So much to see. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

Paper Profusion said...

Simply Superb! You have such wonderful design skills Alison - it is all placed just so brilliantly. Really clever to emboss elements. Well done you yet again! Nicola x

Carol Q said...

wonderful combination of colours on your tag Alison and great stencilling.

Netty said...

Beautiful work Alison and love your poem at the end. Annette x

toni said...

Hi Alison I love all the gorgeous layers and colours you've used. I've got that La Blanche stamp and have just made a tag with it, I'm glad I didn't post it after seeing this beauty!x

Hettie said...

Wow! What a blast of colours you have used here Alison. Love the mix and all the ironwork.
Funny, the piece I have been working on includes elements of all three lists!! Mind you, I am not sure what else I could have put on there!! Tee Hee!
xx

Chris said...

Hi Alison and thanks for your lovely comment earlier, congrats on our SSS top 3 as well, so lovely to be in there together LOL!

I love your tag and all the gorgeous interest in your background, the colours and design are superb too. Have a great weekend, Chris xx

Sandie said...

Wow Alison, this is one amazing project that certainly packs a punch in the eye candy department. Stunning!!!!

Nan G said...

Wow butterfly! Wonderfully grungy tag with the addition of rusty hinge to your fave colors! Love it!

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a great label Alison, love the structure, the colours and your beautiful images!! You used a lot of imagination to create this beauty!!

Greetings
Maria

chrissie said...

Terrific tag--always love the coloured ribbons you make to match everything

Have great day

Chrissie xx

May said...

Gorgeous Tag Alison... You are the queen of Blending.. How you make those inks stand out is just amazing!!The background is Fantastic...Love all the stamping & embellishments...Outstanding work... Hugs May x x x

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this, Alison; such tremendous depth you've achieved in your background,

Lucy x

Neet said...

Skimming down my Bloglovion' list I came across this. Oh WOW, it took my eye and I immediately saw it was by you. This is wonderful. Love the colours, the composition, added elements and, of course, the ribbon. Fantastic!
Thanks for creating such wonderful art
Hugs, Neet xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, you hav a stamp von lablanche! It´s a great tag with a great image, but the background of this tag is so stunning!!!
LG siljan

Anonymous said...

thank you for joining us for the Hobby House first challenge
Hugs Kate xx

AnyOldCraft said...

This is so beautiful.
Love all the detail and embellishments.

Unni A said...

Fabulous! I love your works, Alison! You are so creative! The colors, compositions, the wonderful details, you are a big artist!!
hugs, Unni

Dianne said...

All my favorite colors, the stencilling is gorgeous, loooove how you stamped it, and that ribbon is stunning, I just got some, can't wait to well try to make it:O(..Thanks for sharing, you are such an inspiration, love visiting, I always get all a twitter. Hope you having a wonderful weekend...

Mrs.B said...

Hi Alison, Lots of amazing details on this tag and such a fabulous image, no wonder it was a pleasure to ink up.
Thanks for joining our Tag Challenge at FSC
Avril xx

cathylynn said...

Amazing! Your colors are superb and I love the stamps that you used. But I can not forget that gorgeous ribbon. Yummy!!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your blended colors and gorgeous composition, Alison. A treat to behold!

Kate Yetter said...

I love the colors and patterns on this tag, Alison. Its beautiful! I love these stamps as well.
Kate

Margaret said...

So many wonderful images on this fabulous tag!! I love how you framed the sentiment too!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous tag...love all the images are love the other neutral beauty as well, and the gorgeous vintage buttons! Thanks for buttoning up with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!

Sue said...

This is fabulous Alison, one of my favourite colour combinations and you've chosen some wonderful stamps xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful colours together, wonderful stamps and a fabulous outcome. Love this.
hugs Brenda xxx

Fliss said...

An absolute stunner Alison which is why I think you're in our Top 3 - congrats and well done!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow amazing yummy tag, I love the depth of the piece, it's almost like your looking through layers gorgeous. I love the stamp, I have to admit I have ummed and arred over it but not bought it yet lol. :-) hugs Kezzy xxx

Debi said...

This is very cool too, love the colours and your stamping, always love our step by step photos too, debi x

hazel said...

This is stunning, everything about it is fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a terrific tag Alison! The background looks super lush, i love the intense colours. And i love the collage stamping! xxx

Jenny said...

Beautiful!. Thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby house. Jen xxx