I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 4 March 2013

Calico Crafts Guest Design II


So you might have thought that crazy February was over... well, it sort of is, but there's one final appointment for dedicated Words and Pictures followers (and you are unbelievably dedicated - and I love you for it!).  

My second date as February Guest Designer for Calico Crafts falls today - on the 4th March - go figure!

In any case, I'm very excited to share a sneak peek with you of one of my favourite makes to date... I had no idea where it was going when it started, and where it's finished up really tickles me!
  
You can see the full project if you hop over to the Calico Crafts blog, and I'll be sharing it in more detail here at Words and Pictures very soon...

UPDATE - Calico Crafts is now Calico Craft Parts, and the old blog has closed, but you can see the whole of this Glampunk Birdhouse here

I've had such a lot of fun playing with the quirky and inspiring goodies from Calico (like these watch parts) - huge thanks to Helen for having me and to Louise for looking after me so well. 

And, of course, my thanks to all of you for your visits and comments - so much appreciated.  Have a great week!

A watch: it's comprised of gears, and jewels, and plates, but once you put it together... Boom! It comes to life.
A teacher at the Hayek Watchmaking School

27 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Alsion, I just love your clockwork bird...the fantastic textures and colours of the birdhouse, just brilliant..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

This looks interesting. I'll have to go check it out.

Terry said...

Love that gold highlighting! Interesting use of gears! Hope you had a great weekend! Hugs!

Brenda Brown said...

Looks intriguing Alison, lots of texture. Off to to see what you have been up to.
Have a great week.
Hugs {Brenda} x0x

chrissie said...

Must go and see the whole thing as I do love the sneak peek.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Looks interesting from what I can see here, crumpled tissue and gears??? Off to take a look....

Bonnie Irvine said...

Just been off to see what you created. This is definitely one of my favourites of your makes and since they are all gorgeous, that is saying something! Well done, Alison!

Paper Profusion said...

Have popped over and back - this is STUNNING - I Love it Alison. Glampunk is a brilliant term - a very tactile and fantastically delicious make. Nicola x

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my gosh..I never would of guessed I was looking at the tail of a fabulous bird! Amazing Glampunk bird house!!!!!!! What an incredible make over.

Rita said...

Wonderful sneak peek, now I'm off to view the full show. Hugs Rita xx

Gio said...

Clock parts and a little bird!! Just brilliant, Alison!

Martina said...

Dear Alison, this is totally divine .... I cant take my eyes away from it ... super awesome:-)

Dianne said...

I found the post,its just fabulous as always my dear thanks for all your inspiration.. Have a great day..

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

AWESOME! The paste, gears, and distressed look really transform this! Love the bird!

Netty said...

Looks fab Alison, am off to have a look, Annette x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your glam punk birdhouse. Great texture and I love your use of tissue. Fabulous colours and touches of gold too. Tracy x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Not stopping long - off to have a look! This glimpse is far too appetising!!! Chrisxx

Annie said...

Love it Alison. A totally fabulous project with amazing texture

Hugs

Annie x

Jenny Marples said...

Loved it. What a way to end February/begin March! Hugs, Jenny x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Alison, just had a lovely catch-up - hadn't realised how much I had missed!
Lots of Congratultions on the DGT posts and the DT with PaperArtsey - WOW!
So many amazing projects, you never fail to delight.
Avril xx

catherine said...

Another very creative looking piece Alison. Will need to pop over and have a look
x catherine

May said...

Brilliant Alison... packed full of wonderful texture & fabulous detail.... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

mark gould said...

Absolutely stunning,just popped over to see, I love how the rub looks, I must get some. I love all the texture and the cogs are a great touch.

May said...

Thank you Alison... I done the ATC for the challenge too...I am getting old... lol... Hugs May x x x

Michelle Webb said...

I'm off to have a look, this little snippet looks amazing! Michelle x

Michelle Webb said...

Crikey Alison, it's amazing! I love the texture and all the elements. Michelle x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great alteration, very interesting details Alison,a gorgeous result!

kind regards, Alie :-)