I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 29 March 2013

Be Good



Hello everyone, just a quick tag to share with you today, using the wonderful Artistic Outpost stamps from the Generation Redux set.


There won't be much How-To-ing today since, to be perfectly honest, I've forgotten how I did most of it (even though it was only a couple of days ago).


I've been mixing and matching products and just generally playing about, so I can't be quite sure now, looking at it, exactly how that background came about!


Could be Distress Stains in there... could be some Fresco paints I think...


Who knows?!











I do know the number stamping was done with Hyde Park Fresco paint from PaperArtsy, and I know there's a mop up reverse side of the Harlequin stencil to use up leftover White Linen Dylusions spray in there.











The woman is stamped on tissue paper in Coffee Archival, and then I painted some white on the reverse side so that once she was stuck on, she would show up against the full-on action of the background colours.












There are some of the tiny little plant stamps added for extra texture around the tag - I love how they echo the huge meadow flower behind the woman.











The sentiment is from the Typography set (I think I'm right in saying it's the first time I've inked it up - shame on me!), and it's attached with one of the adorable Idea-ology paper clips.








The flowers are layered up using crunchy wax paper (PaperArtsy again) and Tim Holtz's Melange tissue wrap, then fastened with brads.














Some raffia and twine on the top completes the simple look.










This tag is ready for Spring with its fresh greens and flowers but, as you can see, I braved a very snowy garden to get my pictures.  Most of them were taken with the tag propped in the tree (you know how I love my trees as display areas) but I also loved how the bit of bare wall here completely matched the tag colours.








And if you think from that visible bit of wall that there maybe wasn't so much snow... here are my footprints where I stood to take the photos! (There are another few inches under where my feet sank down to...)

It has mostly thawed now; and I do hope any of you who are still stuck with it are keeping warm and safe.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll see you again soon.


On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time.
George Orwell

When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.
Mae West


39 comments:

sam21ski said...

Love that main image.

Great to have some play time and have a mess about with different mediums and mix n match isn't it!!

Sam xx

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS Alison!

Helen said...

Fabulous Alison!! i love the flower/plant stamps you've used and as always your added bits and pieces are just brilliant.

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Alison! Love your tag. This girl is one of my all time favorite AO images! I love how you painted the back of the tissue paper. I must be brave and try working with tissue paper! Thanks or inspiring me! Your beautiful backgrounds always fascinate me! Happy Easter! Hugs, Yvonne

Terry said...

Gorgeous tag using those AO images! Love that you aren't sure what you did, WELCOME to my world!! Whatever you did or used, it worked out beautifully! Happy Easter! Hugs!

Fliss said...

Fabulous tag Alison. The colours are gorgeous and the depth you've achieved with all those effects look wonderful.
Thanks too for the tip on painting the reverse of the tissue, will be trying that one!
Happy Easter.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag Alison, the background is lovely. Love the stamping with Fresco paint. The image is gorgeous and I love your added flower and text. Happy Easter. Tracy x

Annie said...

Looks like you had lots of fun playing Alison. The end product ia brilliant, great background and stamped image.

TFS and you keep warm too

Annie x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great; such a fun mixture of images! So sweet of you to congratulate me on my win, thank you!

Lucy x

Dorthe said...

Wonderful Tag, Alison, I love the stamps on your woman background- and her with the added white,for showing her well... also loving the light green background colours-
Happy Easter.
xo,Dorthe

Paper Profusion said...

So now you even have a totally co-ordinated prop wall - is there no end to your talents woman!!

Don't worry about not having your usual deets - whatever you did with the tag it received your magic recipe and looks as fabulous as always!

The sun and some blue sky appeared here this pm - hurray! I do hope that the little houses et alia are assembling beautifully! Looking forward to seeing lots of close-ups in due course...

Happy Easter Alison (and Mum)
Nicola x

House of Bears said...

Yikes it looks like you've been buried upside down in the snow!! We hope someone comes and rescues you soon so you can make more fab tags like this one. We sbsolutely love your flowers and must try some wax paper die cuts. Love the way you already forgot what you did, oh the times we've scratched our furry heads trying to remember what we used!!!

Almo said...

Hi Alison, Great Tag, you made me giggle, I can relate to you with this making things then forgetting how you have achieved the effect or what you have used coz you are experimenting as you are going along. The end result is stunning though love the detail of the small stamps and the texture of the flowers and raffia/twine. Our snow has melted now, I see yours hasn't keep warm crafting. Hugs Mo x

craftimamma said...

Hello Alison. I always struggle to remember how I made backgrounds and I nearly always leave a bit out in my 'how to's', lol! This one is a beautiful background and I do love the gorgeous earthy colours. Very clever to put the white on the back of the woman image so she didn't get lost too.

Our snow has just about gone apart from the especially deep drifts which are stubbornly refusing to melt but I do wish it would warm up a little.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Hettie said...

Great piece Alison and thanks for the tip of painting the back of the tissue with white to ensure she stands out from the background.
Hugs and Happy Easter
xx

Kelly said...

This tag is peaceful to me, I love the colors and the sentiment is perfect. Nice footprints! We had 5 feet of snow on the ground but now it is finally melting. Yeah!
Have a great Easter!
Hugs Kelly

Keren Tamir said...

Love the tag Alison. All the quotes on this post are amazing especially the one on the tag!!

Unknown said...

I just love that stamp! Great tag!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great tag and I love that stamp and how you have used it. Very effective against that multi layered background.

Hope spring will arrive in CZ soon!! That snow looks something else!

Jenny Marples said...

Enough depth of colour and layering here to melt into as well. Love the stencilling too. Hope you keep warm and happy this Easter. Hugs, Jenny x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Alison, so much gorgeous detail to take in. Our snow has all gone now, just hoping it will warm up more.
Hugs Brenda xox

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow, wow, wow, I really , really like this tag it's som beautiful, ove your stamps a lot, and I love the mix of colors , great design!!

Greetings
maria

Inkypinkycraft said...

Alison another beautiful make, hope all is going well with you . have a great easter hugs trace x

May said...

Hi Alison, You've done it again... another wonderful creation.. Love the image & background!!Gorgeous.. Wishing & your family a Happy safe Easter... Hugs May x x x

chrissie said...

Fantastic tag with a great colour combo.

We have sun here but it is still cold--keep warm and enjoy Easter.

Love Chrissie xx

Sophie said...

Ein spitzenmäßiges Tag.
Wundervoll, ich liebe es...

Liebe Ostergrüße
Sophie xx

Martina said...

Dear Alison, thank you for your lovely comment and your sympathy for my blog. The main thing is that I do not lose my dear blog friends.
Your tag is so stunning! Really beautifully created.
I wish you and your loved ones a Happy Easter.
Hugs
MARTINA

Nan G said...

What a beauty! Love the light coloring behind her! Now this in going to try out. Thanks butterfly! Happy Easter to you and Mum!

Redanne said...

Hi Alison, it doesn't really matter how you got there because the end result is gorgeous. I do love the mix of materials you used for the flower. Our snow is melting but it is still bitterly cold. Happy Easter. Hugs, Anne x

toni said...

Alison you are such a prolific crafter !! another gorgeous creation xx

Kate Yetter said...

Lovely! This stamp plate is one of my favorite. The background is great. Love it!

Dianne said...

Hey Sweet Butterfly, I loooooove the background, the colors the fab stamping of my favorite plant stamps. brilliant idea to paint the back of her, thanks for sharing that. I love the sentiment.It's a gorgeous tag. Thanks again for always inspiring me my dear..

Anonymous said...

Your productivity is inspirational, I am so surprised I've missed so many posts.
I don't own this stamp but I never tire of seeing it. Wonderful background and I do love the mini paperclips (a favourite of mine)
Wishes
Lynne

Bonnie Irvine said...

However you created the background, it's wonderful. Love the image stamped on tissue and then backed with white paint to make her show up so well. Those stacked flowers are amazingly cool. Great use of stamps, layers, and creativity!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful Alison! Love her, and the greens!

Unknown said...

Very unusual and artsy, a lovely piece. Chris xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous tag Alison, and fab stamp choices xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great saying and beautiful tag.

cathylynn said...

What a fantastic tag! I love the flower!! Pretty nice photo of your footprints too. I bet you'll use that in one of your new projects. As always great work!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn